Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As an IT Security Engineer at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for identifying and resolving security issues, as well as implementing countermeasures to ensure reliable operation.
You will be working in the security department with your DevSecOps, Product Security and InfoSec colleagues to collaborate on security topics over all areas of the company.
What you’ll do
- Perform security audits of services (SaaS), operating systems and computer networks to identify potential issues and make recommendations on how to best fix or mitigate them
- Analyse the current threat landscape to identify and amend detection weaknesses
- Run security awareness trainings and internal phishing campaigns
- Investigate and respond to security alerts reported by internal and external sources
- Take ownership of an area in the security department and be responsible for it
- Write small programs and scripts to reduce manual tasks
- Implement new tools and service into our Single-Sign-On platform (SAML/SCIM)
- Preparation and documentation of standard operating procedures and protocols
Who you are
- +3 years proven professional experience in the IT industry with a focus on security
- Hands-on experience with security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus & EDR software and log collection software
- Solid technical knowledge in computer networking/protocols (TCP/IP), security best practices (e.g. least privileges, network segmentation, encryption, password management), endpoint configuration & hardening (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Experience with common threat modeling and risk analysis framework
- A high level of empathy and excellent communication skills
- Google Workspace
- Elastic Cloud
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
* These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.