Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Please note that this role is part of the Data team under our Corporate Performance Strategy department.
Do you want to develop data pipelines and do innovative work on the data processing frameworks and architectures with the ability to scale intelligently? Then join Bitpanda Data Engineering!
What you'll be doing
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using AWS technologies
- Implement data pipelines and data integration solutions with Python and Java languages
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data is maintained in the data layer
- Clean and wrangle data into a usable state that are ready to be used by the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse team
- Work with stakeholders to align solutions and data integration with business objectives
- Debug, troubleshoot, and improve cloud-based applications
- Suggest improvements to current data architecture
Who you are:
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Strong skills in data integration and data gathering methodologies and APIs
- Demonstrated ability to understand requirements and deliver accurate results according to scope
- Experience with AWS services and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Understanding of ETL/ELT infrastructures and Cloud architectures
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience working with a variety of APIs (e.g., REST API or SOAP API)
- Experience with Apache technologies such as Spark
- Knowledge of version control systems such as GIT
Our tech stack:
- Apache Spark/ Airflow
- HashiCorp Terraform (Infrastructure as Code)
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service)
- AWS Redshift (Managed Data Warehouse)
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
* These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.