Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will join our hypergrowth journey with the mission to actively contribute to make Bitpanda’s platform scalable, performant, observable, resilient and secure.
You will be a reference to the other members of the engineering team and proactively grow their technical skills within the company. Through guidance, mentorship and hands-on contributions, you’ll engage technical and non-technical stakeholders and elevate our engineering standards and technology in the entire product and engineering organisation.
What you’ll do
- Grow and inspire the Product and Engineering organisation, while providing technical guidance for highly complex initiatives
- Conceive plans and conduct research in relevant problem areas or new technology of considerable scope and complexity.
- As an excellent communicator, you will gather requirements and pave the way for consensus on the creation and adoption of architectural decision records across multiple departments.
- You will lead smaller teams of senior engineers to deliver high impact initiatives crucial for Bitpanda’s business goals.
- Align with the company strategy and explore technologies which can have a positive impact for Bitpanda in the years to come
- Analyze potential business opportunities for their benefits and risks and deduct clear decisions
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured architectural diagrams and technical documents
What we’re looking for
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams, and navigate technical ambiguity with only high-level direction.
- You have experience in large scale adoption of reactive systems and are able to break down complex initiatives into smaller iterations that involve other engineering and product teams
- You have a BS in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Informatics or equivalent professional experience.
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with building reactive microsystems leveraging event or message driven architecture for systems with high load.
- You’re proficient with many of the following tools and technologies: AWS core infrastructure components as well as managed services (like EKS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticCache), Terraform, GitLab CI, Kafka, Kubernetes, 2 of Java/Kotlin/Go/Python/PHP, GraphQL, MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, various SRE tools.
- You are highly collaborative, focused on building relationships across all departments.
- Be self-driven, and show the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization
- Advanced English
- Several years of experience with a track record in successful delivery of initiatives in the area of Quality Assurance.
- Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be in the middle and not sit on the sidelines
- Somebody who has the ability to connect with people outside the Engineering Area, at different levels within the organization
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
* These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.