We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
Our Blinkist for Business team is responsible for finding, growing, and engaging organizations that are in need of modern, whole-person focused learning. In this rapidly changing business landscape, employers must think differently about how they support their employees. Employees today seek and expect ongoing learning and development opportunities, and empowerment over their development paths. Fueled by Blinkist’s unique and powerful content, we are able to deliver on-demand relevant content to help organizations empower employees at their point of need.
As the first step in our outbound sales process, we are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Associate to join our growing B2B team and work closely with our Account Executives.
Check out the interview process for this position here.
What You Will Do
- Understand and convey the Blinkist Business mission, value proposition, and product to senior level decision makers in the United States
- Become a brand ambassador (in particular on LinkedIn) by getting to know and love the Blinkist Business product and story
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team to develop and implement creative prospecting strategies
- Maintain a high cadence of activities to develop prospect interest through calls, video meetings, emails, and social media
- Schedule product demonstrations with our US Account Executives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with Blinkist Business
- Manage and track your activities and results using Salesforce
- Maximize your own personal development through 1 to 1 coaching sessions with your manager and your wider team
- Maintain a target driven to reach and overachieve individual and team results
What You Need To Have
To be successful in this role, we believe you need to have at least 1 year of professional experience with outbound prospecting as an SDR/BDR, and a strong passion to drive our B2B business forward. In particular we’re looking for the ability to develop compelling customer stories, attention to detail, outstanding communication, organizational and time-management skills and an analytical mindset. Beyond that, we want to hear from you: Why is this role a great fit for you?
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 20 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don'y meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.