We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
Join our team! As our new Head of Product you will be responsible for understanding listeners’ and creators’ needs, behaviours, interests and obstacles, while setting a mid-term product strategy and roadmap for growing our customer base and keeping all sorts of curious minds engaged by creating innovative content and interactive experiences. You will lead and coach a team of four Product Managers, enabling them to create best in class products for our customers. This is a highly collaborative role, where you will partner with disciplines inside and outside the product organisation.
Check out the interview process for this position. 👀
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep understanding of curious minds and listeners, as well as authors and experts needs that informs the products and content experiences we design and build for them.
- Lead our evolution of the current Blinkist consumer app and the development of new product strategies to help authors and experts build an audience and cultivate communities within Blinkist.
- Own, build and drive the mid-term product vision, strategy and metrics and support the Product Managers on your team in doing the same for their teams, while supervising progress and measuring impact across all product teams.
- Build, coach and lead a best-in-class team of Product Managers.
- Partner and closely collaborate with peers in engineering, research and insights, design and UX, content, BI & data, marketing etc. to foster a culture of impact and performance.
What You Need To Have
- You’re an inclusive people leader with a track record of building, coaching and leading healthy product management teams that drive impact.
- You have effectively led and executed a scaled consumer-facing product – even better if you’ve worked on a product that helps people to grow and learn, and the cherry on the cake if you’ve worked on a B2C and B2B product.
- You have an entrepreneurial ‘getting things done’ attitude, demonstrating great intuition, pragmatic decision making and backing your ideas with data.
- You thrive in a startup / scale-up environment and love dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- You’re able to build strong partnerships and foster collaboration both inside and outside the product organisation.
- You’re able to narrate a compelling story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details.
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles. You can choose to work from our HQ in Berlin, or fully remotely from the rest of Germany.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their parental leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.