Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 26 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks. ✨
About The Role
At Blinkist, our Web teams enable the Web platform by bringing our trove of content to life, working closely with stakeholders in Marketing, Content, Product, and Engineering. The Web platform is a primary contributor to the company’s growth. In addition to achieving ambitious growth goals through SEO, our plans for 2023 involve empowering our Marketing and Content teams to easily create and manage content and reevaluating our tech stack to enable more efficient development, bringing in technologies such as HyGraph and GraphQL.
Check out the interview process for this position. 👀
What You Will Do
- Contribute to one of our top company priorities this year: scale Web by cracking organic growth through SEO
- Develop and deploy high quality code, taking ownership of our Web platform using our current stack: Vue, Nuxt, Ruby on Rails, AWS
- Work day to day alongside product and design in iterative planning, implementation, and improvement and be a key sparring partner for them
- Shape the long-term technical landscape of Web at Blinkist, providing technical guidance across different projects and advising stakeholders on technical topic
What You Need To Have
- You have 4+ years experience developing web applications across the stack (both front- and backend)
- You have experience building scalable software end-to-end, including architecture design, implementation across the stack, deployment, and monitoring
- You have a track record of navigating ambiguity and complexity across different projects
- You are proficient in English and can effectively communicate and document complex information and facilitate decision-making with stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing
- You have experience with GraphQL and content management systems
- You have experience with SEO and SEM
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.