We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
At Blinkist, our Web teams enable the Web platform by bringing our trove of content to life, working closely with stakeholders in Marketing, Content, Product, and Engineering. The Web platform is a primary contributor to the company’s growth–our plans for 2023 involve achieving ambitious growth goals through SEO, empowering our Marketing and Content teams to create and curate content, and reevaluating our tech stack to enable us to develop more efficiently and empower other teams, bringing in technologies such as HyGraph and GraphQL.
We’re looking for a software engineer to take on a high-growth opportunity on a cross-functional team. As a member of our Web team, you’ll delve into the worlds of SEO and content management and work directly with Marketing and Content stakeholders. You’ll deepen your technical craft, working alongside experienced developers, mentors, a product manager, and a designer.
Check out the interview process for this position 👀
What You Will Do
- In a small cross-functional team, introduce new customers to Blinkist and inspire millions of users across our platforms to keep learning
- Work alongside product and design in iterative planning, implementation, and improvement to enable our Web platform
- Collaborate with other engineers to maintain and extend our stack: currently Vue, Nuxt, Ruby on Rails, AWS
- Contribute to key company growth initiatives, including SEO
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to our culture of learning and knowledge sharing
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high quality code, taking ownership of your work
What You Need To Have
- You have knowledge of semantic HTML and CSS
- You have experience consuming/designing RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- You are proficient in English and can effectively communicate with your direct team
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.