We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
Are you passionate about Software Engineering and you want to have a big impact with your work? Do you believe in the power of ideas and want to grow and develop?
In 2023 we want to take Blinkist to the next level on our journey to become the world’s leading bite-sized edutainment service that feeds curious minds with powerful ideas. This is where you come in.
As Senior iOS Developer you will contribute to our delivery performance and product success of our award winning Blinkist iOS application. You will join a newly formed team, which closely collaborates with our Data department to maximize the impact for our customers.
Check out the interview process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/35f 🚀
What You Will Do
- Take responsibility in driving the Blinkist iOS app from day 1
- Work in a stream with iOS developers, product managers, and our Data Science team
- Work within Apple’s guidelines and frameworks (our stack is based on UIKit, CoreData, Operations and Queues, and AVFoundation)
- Help develop product concepts for a clean and consistent user experience
- Assure a high quality and robust code base, working with code reviews and automated tests
What You Need To Have
- 5+ years in iOS development
- Excellent Swift knowledge
- Experience shipping customer-facing apps and familiarity with Apple’s guidelines and most common iOS Frameworks
- Experience with unit and E2E testing
- Experience in contributing to the design and architecture of existing and new systems with a strong orientation on design patterns and reliability
- Experience with different design patterns like MVVM, and MVC
- Experience with REST APIs, data pipelines and event tracking
- Experience working with Cloud Computing (such as AWS) and infrastructures
- Interest in emerging AI/ML technologies is a big plus.
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Weekly Yoga & Workouts sessions in the office and online
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.