We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
Check out the interview process for this position. 👀
What You Will Do
- You translate business and product goals into evolving visual identities that can be executed brilliantly across various platforms and initiatives.
- You are responsible for developing and evolving visual identity from concept through execution.
- Oversee and provide art direction for our various content formats, document templates, photography, events, and illustration work, as needed.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and appreciation for system thinking and help to build documentation for others to apply our brand across platforms and products.
- Build self-service guides, templates, and assets for internal and external communications.
- Collaborate on projects and feature releases to keep pushing our visual excellence, e.g. with new styles, fluid transitions, and animation.
- Support product designers in ongoing projects with visual design and UI/UX work.
What You Need To Have
- 5+ years of design and art direction experience, preferably a mix of product and brand-side in-house experience at fast-paced tech companies.
- Portfolio showcases innovative, impactful work that demonstrates your ability to develop brand visual identity and designs built upon insights and systems, not simply creative whims.
- Empathy for existing and emerging customers, seeking to understand their needs and preferences.
- Experience with design systems and how brand guidelines fit into them.
- Experience with expressing brand identity in UI design, templates, and communication materials.
- Ensure quality and timely production and communication with stakeholders and teammates.
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.