We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
The Finance team at Blinkist strives to provide clarity to our stakeholders regarding all financial matters, allocate financial resources to facilitate the operational health of the organization and ensure compliance with financial regulation. To continue our efforts, we’re seeking help from two dedicated working students (20 hours per week each).
Check out the interview process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/d5g 🚀
What You Will Do
- Help with our internal invoice process (this includes finding and checking invoices, payment processing, answering internal and external inquiries, etc)
- Do preparatory accounting work, using the automated system Candis, including inputting booking accounts and ensuring data is ready for export to DATEV
- Update our process documentation on the internal wiki
- Assist with ad hoc Finance and cross-functional projects
- Help with other Finance admin tasks
- Manage the cash register
What You Need To Have
- Previous experience as a working student or intern for 3-6 months
- Certificate of enrollment at a German university for at least the next four semesters
- Ability to speak, read and write English at a fluent level
- German language proficiency
- Familiarity with Excel and/or Google Sheets, experience with Candis or Datev Unternehmen Online a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Great attention to detail - you value accuracy and punctuality
- You’re accountable, eager to learn, a team player, and ready to take on tasks as your own!
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- Vacation days 🏝
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing 🧘♀️
- An extra day off for you birthday 🎉
- Free healthy plant-based daily lunch 🥑
- Physical and mental health support through various partners 💪
- Company events and learning opportunities 🍻
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.