We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
If this excites you and you’re organized, great at anticipating and clearing roadblocks, and passionate about creating delightful audio, we'd love to hear from you!
Check out the interview process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/ww7 🚀
What You Will Do
- Brainstorm, research & pitch potential guests
- Maintain the Simplify production schedule
- Help book, prep for, and conduct interviews with authors, and follow up once they’re done
- Book audio engineers’ time and help move along the production process
- First broad edits to audio
- Manage podcast assets, including show notes, titles, tags, community, and images
- Transcribe audio and prepare transcriptions for publication
- Help distribute the podcast
- Compile and track podcast data
- Ensure appropriate releases are signed by each guest, where relevant
- Coordinate with social media, design, content, and other fun parts of the organization
What You Need To Have
- C2 English level
- Love for podcasts (and other audio), books, and ideas
- Be able to (and ideally, enjoy!) writing persuasive professional emails
- Maintain warm, personable, helpful relationships with guests and inter-org partners
- Be comfortable working in spreadsheets, schedules, and administrative documents with lots of moving parts
- Be conscientious and accountable—in some cases you are the last person to check the files before publishing them!
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student – it’s a Werkstudent(in) job, after all
- Experience working in a digital audio workstation (we use Reaper here)
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- Vacation days 🏝
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing 🧘♀️
- An extra day off for you birthday 🎉
- Free healthy plant-based daily lunch 🥑
- Physical and mental health support through various partners 💪
- Company events and learning opportunities 🍻
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.