We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
Our People team is a lean squad of HR generalists. Our mission is to provide the most exceptional people experiences to our employees, throughout their entire journey with us. We bring passion and joy to what we do, and we’d love to welcome someone who shares our enthusiasm for cultivating a culture of excellence at Blinkist.
As a Senior People Operations Manager, you will act as a strategic business partner to the People and Leadership team, as well as a hands-on generalist for specific people ops workflows, such as onboarding/offboarding, global payroll, personal administration, labor law compliance, and other.
This is an exciting time to join us as we've just undergone a recent business acquisition and we're looking for someone to actively participate in this next phase of our growth. 🚀
You will be working closely with a People Operations Specialist and report into the Head of People. Please note, this position will initially be a 14-months fixed term contract (FTC) to support maternity leave, with an ideal start date in June 2023.
Check out the interview process for this position here. 👀
The salary range for this position starts at €60,000 gross/year, for an employee based in Germany.
What You Will Do
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of all People Operations processes and workflows, such as onboarding / offboarding, German & international payroll, labor law compliance, policy management, relocation, and other.
- Act as the first point-of-contact for employees in regards to all employment and payroll related matters
- Reliably and efficiently manage payroll for Blinkist employees in all locations, in collaboration with our external payroll providers
- Maintain ongoing compliance with local employment laws and regulations, proactively advising others on all labor law related topics
- Take the lead on and support various other HR projects as required, i.e. Go1 integration, HR reporting, HRIS administration, employment documentation, and other.
What You Need To Have
- 4+ years of experience in HR, preferably in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on HR administration, employee relations, and HR operations
- Experience working with HRIS systems (e.g. Personio, HiBob or other)
- Experience handling payroll for Germany (international payroll is a plus)
- Deep understanding of German labor law, income tax and social security
- English and German language proficiency are essential for success in this position
- Growth mindset: you thrive on change and welcome any opportunity to learn from challenges
- Sense of ownership: you follow through your tasks and take pride in achieving outstanding results
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Positive professional attitude, with a commitment to providing exceptional employee experience
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- Healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every in our modern office space in Neukölln
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.