Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 26 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks. ✨
About The Role
We’re looking for someone who is a fast learner with a passion for (nonfiction) books and audio content. You bring a proactive attitude to your work, and you’re an excellent team player. You possess strong communication and organizational skills. Spreadsheets and data don’t scare you; you’re comfortable working with them. You have experience with a CMS – bonus points if you have worked with Airtable before. Further, you’re self-organized and would feel comfortable setting development goals for yourself and your role. We want you, our working student, to take ownership of your domains. This experience will not only give you a firm understanding of how we create our Blinks and Guides, it will also give you the opportunity to drive your own small projects. If this sounds like you, then come this way!
Check out the interview process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/c12dbe 🚀
Please note this working student position will require 13 hours per week.
What You Will Do
- Actively contribute to our operations by helping our team maintain production schedules and administer tasks.
- Take ownership of uploading Blinks and Guides to the Blinkist app, a crucial role in our team's overall efficiency.
- Work with a range of files and documents, readying them for upload - a chance for you to showcase your meticulous attention to detail.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of freelancers and external production partners, providing you with networking opportunities and insider industry insights.
- Communicate critical deadlines to stakeholders, helping us maintain smooth business operations.
- Enhance organizational efficiency by assisting in the organization and updating of our file management system.
- Bring your perspective and ideas for process improvement, fostering our culture that values innovation and creativity.
- If necessary, produce engaging written and audio content.
What You Need To Have
- You’re studying at a German university and will be enrolled for at least one more year
- You speak fluent English and German or Spanish at least on a level of B2/C1
- You achieve thoroughness and accuracy in your work, minimizing the risk of errors and inconsistencies
- You have experience with a CMS and can handle repetitive tasks
- You communicate with care and clarity. You don’t shy away from discussing and resolving conflict and tensions
- You have a passion for spreadsheets and production processes
- You take initiative. You act with confidence and work under your own direction
- You are self-aware and dedicated to self-improvement, ambitious, and proactive. You can admit to mistakes and learn from them
- You can work effectively as part of a (remote) team on achieving shared goals, and you put the group’s interest before your own
- You love to bring your own creative ideas
- You have a passion for nonfiction books and audio formats
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
- Vacation days 🏝
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing 🧘♀️
- An extra day off for you birthday 🎉
- Free healthy plant-based daily lunch 🥑
- Physical and mental health support through various partners 💪
- Company events and learning opportunities 🍻
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.