Blinkist connects people with powerful ideas from leading authors and experts to broaden perspectives, gain knowledge, and spark understanding in all areas of their life, both personal and professional.
Used by over 28 million people worldwide, Blinkist distills the key ideas from the most relevant, impactful books and podcasts. These can be read or listened to in 15-minute summaries, that we call Blinks.
Together with Go1, our parent brand, who gives organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet, we’re on a mission to reach one billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. ✨
About The Role
As our Marketing Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for communications with our learner (B2C) and employer (B2B) communities. You’ll plan and shape stories that will help us build more advocates and customers from our existing audience, as well as craft insightful messaging and positioning to engage new ones. Your focus will be our social media channels, but we expect your storytelling to influence our campaigns, PR and overall marketing.
This is a highly cross-functional global role in which you will be working across multiple brands and with stakeholders and users across the world.
Check out the hiring process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/lrj 🚀
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our market, customer and product, using that knowledge to plan the content we share across our communities
- Work closely with content and product teams to feed the most relevant updates into our content schedule
- Own our Learner and Employer social media channels from content planning to creation, posting and results
- Work with the wider Brand Growth team to increase our reach across influencer, PR and campaigns
- Collaborate with experts, personalities and other brands to reach their audience and add authenticity to our brand through joint posts
- You organize and oversee the creation of user generated content and optimize best how to apply it within our marketing program
- Manage our social test and learn approach to improve the creative, formats and messaging we share
- Track all relevant KPIs and create reports as well as recommendations
- Manage budgets relating to your channels and regularity report on performance from a cost per initiative standpoint
- Manage freelancers to support the creation and posting of content
- Support the performance marketing team by feeding them insights of what messaging works best on our owned channels to drive our paid growth
What You Need To Have
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on marketing experience
- Direct experience with social media is required, in addition to influencer marketing or PR
- Experience working on cross-channel campaigns is a plus
- Basic design skills and knowledge of tools like Figma is a plus
- Testing mindset - you enjoy challenging the status quo and are confident at running multiple A/B tests
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with high capacity to collaborate with internal teams as well as external partners
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively analyze various types of data
- Capacity to actively research and follow latest trends in the marketing space to find new opportunities
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Weekly yoga & fitness classes in the office & remote
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.