About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Bold is a young company that aims to become a global player in the electric vehicle and special projects sector providing design and manufacturing services to motorsport and aerospace.
We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
After achieving a +200% organic revenue growth (no marketing, no external investment/grants) over the last 2 years, Bold is currently preparing for an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute the business plan.
About the Role
Battery development at BOLD is becoming an integral part of our company, which allows this exciting and innovative opportunity to work directly on the central challenges with our custom-made battery packs. Bold is a demanding environment where you will work with a highly motivated team on extremely challenging projects. Our company is growing and moving, and we look forward to finding someone who is adaptable and able to propose solutions in this fast-paced environment.
For this position, the battery system team is looking for a Cell Engineer who has extensive knowledge in various Lithium-ion battery cells. The Cell Engineer’s major responsibility is to lead and review cell capability and cell test results to ensure the cell performance meets the vehicle requirements. The engineer is required to work with the cell supplier to make sure the cell performance meets the battery pack requirements including cell selection, performance simulations, and cell level test results. In addition, this position requires communicating with the Battery Team members to optimize the cell performance. This position requires extensive experience in cell modeling to predict the expected battery lifespan.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with our customers, engineers, operational staff, and senior managers to deliver successful outcomes to challenging projects.
Last but not least, we are looking for real people that share our core values: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Boldness, Excellence and Integrity. If you want to spread our people-first values and make a real impact on the world, Bold is your place!
What You Will Do
- Define and work with suppliers to develop our next generation of battery cells
- Develop cell requirements and specifications
- Estimate lifespan of the lithium ion cells under various conditions using simulations
- Estimate SOC and SOH of batteries in various conditions
- Lead cell selection to meet battery pack requirements which include mechanical, thermal, and electrical aspects.
- Lead conversations with cell suppliers on cell simulation, test procedure, data, performance review, and safety requirements.
- Review DFMEA from suppliers and support pack DFMEA
- Support cell level PPAP activities
- Research other OEM cell specifications, academic literature, and cutting-edge technology for the next generation of battery pack development.
- Work with the battery pack engineering team to increase the performance of the selected cell
- Work with the internal and external testing teams to increase power density, energy density and durability, and decrease cost of the batteries through better testing and modelling methods
- Generate and maintain our cell catalog to support the commercial team and projects division
- Support and lead testing for cells and battery packs in development and production
What You Need to Succeed
- Masters’ Degree in Chemical Engineering or related to electrochemistry
- 2+ years of work experience in battery cell technology
- Academic knowledge in various cell technologies
- Advanced level of knowledge of cell chemistries and construction methods
- Excellent team working skills and experience leading teams
- Network connections to major cell suppliers and experience dealing with them directly
- Demonstrable problem-solving experience with cell testing for battery pack development in production
- Eager to improve our battery technology by looking at fundamentals and the application of the scientific approach for cell technology
What BOLD offers you:
- Competitive compensation package in line with job responsibilities and experience.
- Flexible Schedules
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment: Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV powertrains.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (for employees, spouse, or children)
- Free coffee, tea & fruit!
- Subsidised canteen
- Brilliant colleagues and Top talent
- Regular events and team building activities
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients. A business that is engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels in a working environment that is collaborative and supportive.