About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Bold is a young company that aims to become a global player in the electric vehicle and special projects sector providing design and manufacturing services to motorsport and aerospace.
We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
After achieving a +200% organic revenue growth (no marketing, no external investment/grants) over the last 2 years, Bold is currently preparing for an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute the business plan.
About the Role
The Battery Design Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and verification of initial specifications (Statements of works – Drawing and design table specifications) using the latest state-of-the-art tools and leveraging top-class engineering principles knowledge.
Last but not least, we are looking for people that share our core values: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Boldness, Excellence and Integrity. If you want to embrace our people-first values and make a real impact, Bold is your place!
What You Will Do
- Generate battery design concepts based on specifications to achieve the performance targets of mass, safety, certification and structural requirements amongst others.
- Generate initial specifications and statements of works – Drawing and specification tables.
- Design and developing mechanical assemblies and structures using 3D Experience – Catia v6.
- Supervise other design team members working together in an area of the product or project.
- Be closely involved with the electrical, structural and thermal simulation groups to apply their recommendations to your designs’ for improvements. Proactively and collaboratively suggest improvements based on these recommendations to other design members.
- Apply your understanding of material and processes used in high end applications such as aerospace and motorsport to develop the components.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and project managers to ensure the project is carried out as expected from a cost and timing point of view.
- Generate test and experiment specifications and design the required jigs and assemblies for them to be executed.
- Design components in composites and its associated tooling. Good work practice of surfaces and solids. Broad understanding of CATIA functions and the structuring of Generator files, publications and save management structure for large master product files. Excellent understanding or parametric modelling and stable tree structures required to support agile geometry development.
- Experience in drafting of drawings using 3D Experience – Catia v6 for composites component, tooling, jigs, and fixtures to support manufacturing requirements. Understanding of the applications of GD&T and process limitations of materials and processes when tolerancing and defining geometries.
- Apply and generate design specifications such as electrical requirements for clearances and safety parameters.
What You Need to Succeed
- 4 years or more of mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent R&D design experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of 3D Experience – Catia v6.
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical and battery design requirements is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of composite manufacturing processes, especially for mechanical and composite components, including tooling, inserts, cores, and all associated processes.
- Leadership skills and proactive attitude in a high-pressure environment to ensure the job gets done as requested.
- Able to work to a project plan and manage technical requirements vs workload to a schedule, maintain active communication in an agile environment of adherence to project plans and set targets. Leveraging on cloud base collaborative platforms such as MS Office suite and Cloud project management tools.
- Maintain an up-to-date technical awareness of the business requirements.
- Proficient English.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years' of experience working in a similar position.
- EV/Motorsport industry experience.
- FEA and / or CFD experience
- Able to identify system, product or team organization improvements would be greatly appreciated.
- Vast knowledge of materials and manufacturing used in motorsport and aerospace applications (metallic alloys / technical polymers / composites)
What BOLD offers you:
- Competitive compensation package in line with job responsibilities and experience.
- Flexible Schedules
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment: Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV powertrains.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (for employees, spouse, or children)
- Free coffee, tea & fruit!
- Subsidized canteen
- Brilliant colleagues and Top talent
- Regular events and team building activities
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients. A business that is engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels in a working environment that is collaborative and supportive.