About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Bold is a young company that aims to become a global player in the electric vehicle and special projects sector providing battery technology and engineering services to aviation, marine, motorsport and high-end automotive industries.
We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
After achieving a +200% organic revenue growth (no marketing, no external investment/grants) over the last 2 years, Bold is currently preparing for an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute the business plan.
About the Role
For our Applied Engineering division, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a passion for engineering, along with the confidence, belief, and determination to succeed in a company with ambitious growth plans.
As a Composite Design Engineering Trainee you will work collaboratively with the rest of the organisation to drive projects from concept design phase through to detailed design, bringing components to a stage that can be manufactured.
Last but not least, we are looking for people that share our core values: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Boldness, Excellence and Integrity. If you want to embrace our people-first values and make a real impact, Bold is your place!
What You Will Do
- Analysis and verification of initial specifications. Statements of works – Drawing and layup table specification.
- Design and development of composite components and assemblies.
- Design of composites components and tooling using CATIA V5 and 3DExperience
- Maintain an up-to-date technical awareness of the business requirements.
- Work closely with the technical leads and Project Management Office to coordinate and effectively plan designs, ensuring projects are released on time.
- Define and prepare suitable engineering documentation required by the project.
What You Need to Succeed
- Being a student of Mechanical Engineering, Automotive or similar
- knowledge of Catia v5 / 3DX
- Knowledge of Structural Design principles
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes, especially for prepreg components, including tooling, inserts, cores, and all associated processes is a plus
- Proficient English. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Passion for the Motorsport industry.
- Knowledge of FEA and / or CFD
- Vast knowledge of materials used in motorsport and aerospace applications (metallic alloys / technical polymers / composites).
What BOLD offers you
- Competitive compensation package in line with job responsibilities and experience.
- Flexible Schedules
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment: Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV powertrains.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (for employees, spouse, or children)
- Free coffee, tea & fruit!
- Subsidized canteen
- Brilliant colleagues and Top talent
- Regular events and team building activities
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients. A business that is engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels in a working environment that is collaborative and supportive.