About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Bold is a young company that aims to become a global player in the electric vehicle and special projects sector providing battery technology and engineering services to aviation, marine, motorsport and high-end automotive industries.
We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
After achieving a +200% organic revenue growth (no marketing, no external investment/grants) over the last 2 years, Bold is currently preparing for an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute the business plan.
About the Role
As a Senior member of the Operations team, the Purchasing Manager will be a key role in the industrialization of battery products for Aerospace, Marine, Motorsports and Hypercar projects. You will deliver strategic operational leadership across all aspects of our site to help BOLD scale the assembly and manufacturing of high-performance battery packs, with the opportunity to create the Purchasing function from the ground up.
Last but not least, we are looking for real people that share our core values: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Boldness, Excellence and Integrity. If you want to spread our people-first values and make a real impact on the world, Bold is your place!
What You Will Do
- Design and implement Bold’s Sourcing and Purchasing strategy across composites, metallics, plastics, E/E and battery cells.
- Build, grow and motivate a team of Buyers and Procurement Engineers
- Define, implement and deliver processes and procedures that unlock growth and allow the company to accomplish sales targets
- Negotiate purchasing T&C’s with project-critical suppliers
- Work with engineering, quality, production, process engineering and the rest of the project team to guarantee projects are industrialised on time and to the expected quality standards
- Maintain an excellent level of awareness of product designs to influence decisions that lead to battery components that maximise quality and minimise cost and timing.
- Establish procedures, metrics, and processes to drive quality, productivity, and overall performance improvements
- Assist in strategic planning and forecasting to improve production challenges
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback, innovate and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience and value
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor´s degree (or higher) in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent professional work experience.
- 10+ years of experience managing one or multiple Purchasing teams in industrial settings, ideally in Automotive or Aerospace.
- A hands-on approach with a can-do attitude, ready to work in an industrial environment
- Vast knowledge of general manufacturing processes (prepregs, RTM, injection moulding, stamping, extrusions, welding, etc)
- A long list of vetted suppliers that can partner with Bold and help it succeed
- Proven experience managing diverse teams in fast-paced, growing organisations
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Additional languages are welcome.
- Highly proactive, with strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- EV industry experience
- Experience in battery pack manufacturing, with exposure to several architectures and cell types
- Experience with Automotive and Aerospace standards at production level
- Experience in a young business with small teams
What BOLD offers you:
- Competitive compensation package in line with job responsibilities and experience.
- Flexible Schedules
- High growth, multicultural and friendly environment: Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV powertrains.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten)
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (for employees, spouse, or children)
- Free coffee, tea & fruit!
- Subsidized canteen
- Brilliant colleagues and Top talent
- Regular events and team building activities
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients. A business that is engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels in a working environment that is collaborative and supportive.