Supporting our Hypercar and Formula 1 customers, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible to develop car systems from concept through to manufacturing stage using the latest state-of-the-art tools and leveraging top-class engineering principles knowledge.
We are looking for people that share our core values: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Boldness, Excellence and Integrity. If you want to embrace our people-first values and make a real impact, Bold is your place!
About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Here at Bold we are growing faster than ever! We more than doubled in size in 2022, and 2023 is going to be even busier. We have two engineering divisions, different in their technologies but similarly obsessed by delivering compelling products to our customers.
In our Applied Engineering division, we are an integral part of the design & development process for our F1 and Hypercar customers. We are trusted to take ownership from blank sheet design initiation through to production and we contribute our composite & materials design expertise to a wide range challenges. From bodywork, aero & structural design through to tooling and working with patented manufacturing techniques.
We are hugely proud of our awards and our growth, but we are even more proud of the multicultural international environment our people have created and we cannot wait to welcome more.
- To complete component designs to specification from customer
- Complete 3D models and 2D drawings, within timeframes and to GD&T requirements
- Chassis designing and applying customer´s technology
- Extrusion, fabrication and casting designing
- Support customer in resolving technical problems in design and manufacturing processes
- Create assemblies and BOM's
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues, engineering functions, as well as external partners critical to the development of the project to meet targets and deadlines
- Work within customer's PLM system and to customer standards
Skills you will need
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent R&D design experience
- At least 2 years of experience working in a similar position
- design experience
- Good knowledge and experience of Catia v5 or v6 / 3DX / Siemens NX and GD&T principles
- Knowledge of extrusion, fabrication, casting manufacturing process and/or welding
- Proficient English
Skills that would be great to have
- EV/Motorsport industry experience.
- FEA and/or CFD experience
What BOLD offers you:
- Private Health insurance (company level plan): Access to Sanitas plan at a reduced employee cost (for employees, spouse, or children)
- Regular events and team building activities
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients. A business that is engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels in a working environment that is collaborative and supportive.