The Composites Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and verification of initial specifications (Statements of works – Drawing and layup table specification) using the latest state-of-the-art tools and leveraging top-class engineering principles knowledge.
Last but not least, we are looking for people that share our core values: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Boldness, Excellence and Integrity. If you want to embrace our people-first values and make a real impact, Bold is your place!
About Bold Valuable Tech: Our Vision
Here at Bold we are growing faster than ever! We more than doubled in size in 2022, and 2023 is going to be even busier. We have two engineering divisions, different in their technologies but similarly obsessed by delivering compelling products to our customers.
In our Applied Engineering division, we are an integral part of the design & development process for our F1 and Hypercar customers. We are trusted to take ownership from blank sheet design initiation through to production and we contribute our composite & materials design expertise to a wide range challenges. From bodywork, aero & structural design through to tooling and working with patented manufacturing techniques.
We are hugely proud of our awards and our growth, but we are even more proud of the multicultural international environment our people have created and we cannot wait to welcome more.
- Analysis and verification of initial specifications. Statements of works – Drawing and layup table specification.
- Design and developing of composites laminates and structures. Full understanding of material and processes used in high end applications composites structures (Prepreg, cores, moldings and trimming methodologies).
- Design and manufacturing process of composites tooling, patterns and CFRP molds for autoclave and OoA processes.
- Designing of composites components and tooling using CATIA V5 (V6) / NX. Good work practice of surfaces and solids. Broad understanding of CATIA V5 (V6) / NX functions and the structuring of Generator files, publications and save management structure for large master product files. Excellent understanding or parametric modelling and stable tree structures required to support agile geometry development.
- Drafting of drawings using CATIA V5 (V6) / NX for composites component, tooling, jigs, and fixtures to support manufacturing requirements. Understanding of the applications of GD&T and process limitations of composites materials when tolerancing and defining geometries.
- Able to work to a project plan and manage technical requirements vs workload to a schedule, maintain active communication in an agile environment of adherence to project plans and set targets. Leveraging on cloud base collaborative platforms such as MS Office suite and Cloud project management tools.
- Maintain an up-to-date technical awareness of the business requirements.
- Work closely with the technical leads and Project management office to coordinate and effectively plan and program the designs to ensure the assembly team have enough time to meet key dates and deadlines.
Skills you will need
- At least 3 years' of experience working in a similar position.
- EV/Motorsport industry experience.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent R&D design experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of CATIA V5 (V6) / NX
- Structural Design experience
- In-depth knowledge of composite manufacturing processes, especially for prepreg components, including tooling, inserts, cores, and all associated processes.
- Proficient English
Skills that would be great to have
- FEA and / or CFD experience
- Vast knowledge of materials used in motorsport and aerospace applications (metallic alloys / technical polymers / composites).
What BOLD offers you
- 8% Matched Pension
- Regular events and team building activities
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bold Valuable Technologies, we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients. A business that is engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels in a working environment that is collaborative and supportive.