Bondsmith is a rapidly scaling fintech building the future of financial services.
Our mission is to drive innovation and digital transformation in the wealth management industry to provide better outcomes for savers.
Our lead investor and flagship customer are FNZ, one of the biggest names in wealth management with over $1 trillion in assets under management.
We are regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Bondsmith is looking for a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to join our team. In this role you will take ownership of all aspects of Bondsmith’s financial crime program and be responsible for the delivery and management of all financial crime operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, maintain and oversee Bondsmith’s financial crime strategy;
- Responsible for pro-actively managing Bondsmith’s financial crime risks across the organisation and their mitigating controls.
- Responsible for the delivery and management of Bondsmith’s financial crime operations;
- Independently assess and communicate the health of Bondsmith’s financial crime framework to Bondsmith’s Board;
- Responsible for the development and delivery of Bondsmith’s financial crime training programme
- Responsible for the delivery and management of internal and external reporting obligations
- Assist the Head of Risk & Compliance in ensuring Bondsmith operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements relating to financial crime.
- Experience in a senior financial crime role at a payment services provider, financial institution or FinTech.
- Proven experience of building and implementing financial crime frameworks, including experience of compliance technology.
- A proven track record in financial crime role, with a comprehensive understanding of UK AML/CTF regulations and practices within a regulated financial institution.
- Relevant professional qualifications in AML, Compliance or Law, such as CAMS or ICA, are preferred.
Ideal type of person:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and provide leadership in AML matters.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, detail-oriented and analytical skills.
- A strong commitment to integrity, ethics, and the ability to make independent decisions.
- Prior experience in a fast paced start-up/scale-up environment
What makes Bondsmith unique
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 50 members. This means you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact and shape the future of Bondsmith.
- Customer demand: Unlike other startups who are still finding their way and pivoting on products, we have strong demand from our enterprise clients for our products, we just need to keep building them.
- Next fintech growth story: We are doubling in headcount year on year and hiring across a range of positions
- Competitive salary 💸
- Healthcare 🏥
- Pension scheme 💰
- Share scheme participation 📈
- All the right equipment to make sure you’re working at your best 💻
- Flexitime ⏰
- Fun and social office in Shoreditch 🏢
- Deliveroo for working late in the office 🍔
- Hybrid working 🚀
Bondsmith is an equal opportunities employer we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.