Headquartered in London, BVNK is on a mission to make banking and payments work for crypto - the crypto market has evolved fast, and traditional finance is yet to catch up. Operating a business in both crypto and fiat today is incredibly difficult, so we’ve built a business account specifically for crypto businesses, focussing on bridging the gap between fiat and digital assets, bringing payments, trading & custody, and banking to one single platform.
We’re a team of over 100 customer obsessed, passionate people and are growing fast to continue solving problems for crypto businesses around the world. Over the last two years we’ve built a culture of growth and agility, with customers at the centre of everything we do, and we believe that our people are our strongest asset. If you enjoy working in a fast paced energetic environment, solving real world problems, BVNK could be a great fit for you.
About the role:
We’re looking for a strong marketing leader to join our team and help drive our growth to the next level as we scale product market fit. As the VP of Marketing you’ll work closely with the Global Sales Director to drive growth for the business across its product offering. You will develop and take ownership of BVNK’s brand, product marketing and growth strategy. Given that BVNK launched in October last year, you will focus on developing brand execution to raise the brand’s profile within the crypto and fintech space as well as looking at strategic ways to grow the brand. You’ll work closely with our sales and product teams to perfect our go to market strategy and ensure our products translate clearly into solutions our customers instantly align with. As a high growth scale up, we’re growing fast and our employer brand is a key part of our success - you’ll be working directly with our people team to build a brand that world class talent is excited to work for. .
We’re one of the first in the market to make payments and banking work for crypto businesses, so it’s important in this new and exciting market that the VP of Marketing has strong B2B brand building skills.This role will suit a growth obsessed marketing leader who is willing to be hands-on, but also has a track record of building a global brand and a multi-talented marketing team to keep up with the growth and product development planned for the future.
- Building and managing the marketing team
- Define and lead the execution of the BVNK marketing strategy
- Develop the brand’s strategy and ensure an on-brand interpretation and go-to-market execution plan
- Build and develop a world-class marketing function, focussing on hiring the best talent in the market
- Manage creative development of our website and materials, including 3rd party creative agency and freelance resources
- Manage the marketing budget
- Product Marketing
- Customer insight - Work closely with Sales and Product functions to understand market / customer needs, and product fit
- Competitive analysis - Maintain a strong POV on our competition and how BVNK is positioned against competitors
- Product proposition - Collaborate with Product and Sales on messaging / positioning that resonate with our various targeting verticals
- Develop a product marketing plan by targeting verticals, and manage the execution and delivery with the rest of Marketing functions, e.g. content, PR, campaign
- Content and Thought Leadership
- Build a content strategy focussed on growth and awareness, to elevate our brand in the market
- Produce high-quality articles, white papers, press releases, email marketing messages, presentations and sales content, and web copy
- Manage the lifecycle of our available content
- Create, maintain and execute a webinar series
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Plan and execute PR campaigns and strategies
- Arrange and attend partner and client launches (suppliers, ecosystems)
- Manage all elements of product launches
- Identify relevant events and speaking opportunities
- Arrange media interviews/ commentary
- Campaign Management
- Top-funnel traffic generation: Manage website SEO/ SMO and other digital marketing to increase visits to the website
- Remarketing - google, FB, LinkedIn
- Bottom-funnel acquisition: Lead the CRM initiative and manage the operation of marketing automation.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
- Analyse brand positioning and consumer insights; maintain a close dialogue with Product and Sales team for on-going evaluation
- Develop brand KPIs; monitor and analyse on a regular basis
- Proactively explore new brand growth strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related fields
- 7+ years' experience in driving B2B marketing, preferably within fintech / crypto, with a focus on Product Marketing
- Strong project management skills, especially in managing creative resources and aligning internal expectations
- Strong leader who has successfully built, scaled and led high performing marketing teams.
- Experiences in across the board marketing channels (advertising, sponsorship, events, publications, social media)
- Strong senses in identifying target audiences and corresponding campaigns
Additional Preferred Skills
- Understanding of the crypto ecosystem, and a view towards how to drive crypto adoption
- Understanding of decentralised finance and financial technology, its growth vectors, and the key attributes of its community
- A love for translating complex products into customer focussed solutions
- Worked in company cultures that bring together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
- Have experience in a startup or as an entrepreneur.
- Experience scaling a medium sized business to an established and reputable company