BVNK was founded to fill an important gap in the cryptocurrency market. The growth of the crypto market has almost entirely been driven by retail investors and only recently have institutional investors come to the table, however this has led to a huge gap in the market where solutions are designed for small retail investors and large institutions but not the mid-market corporate that wants to take advantage of digital assets.
We’ve built a banking platform based entirely on digital assets, designed specifically for UK and European Corporates, SPVs and high net worth individuals. BVNK allows corporates to send and accept both local and cross border payments, earn high yield on all assets held on the platform, and access crypto markets via our trading platform, OTC desk, and lending desk.
If you’re looking to join a high growth scale-up, defining a new space in a constantly changing industry, BVNK could be a great fit for you. For more information, please visit www.bvnk.com.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to join our engineering teams and help build out our business account functionality.
The business account is the center of our offering for corporates looking to manage their treasury with digital assets. Our business account team is responsible for ensuring our clients can send and accept payments from all over the globe; buy, send, hold and receive crypto currencies; understand their yield payments; and any other feature that you believe will benefit our core segment of customers in the business account space.
Our product and engineering organisation is split into small autonomous squads empowered to own their problem space. You’ll be expected to form strong opinions and execute in a fast but sustainable way, advocating for the simplest solution that achieves the outcomes our customers are looking for.
- Collaborate with our product team to iterate fast and deliver results
- Translate from technical to non-technical with stakeholders across the business
- Advocate for the simplest but most effective approach in everything we do
- Ensure our products are built in a future proof way
- Contribute to our engineering culture and standards to help us perform better
This role could be a great opportunity if you:
- Are passionate about the crypto currency space and are excited by the corporate opportunity we are pursuing
- Are excited by complex problems in a constantly evolving industry
- Are comfortable with a fast paced and often ambiguous environment
- Have experience working in Java
- Understanding of common design patterns and principles, and how/when to apply them
- Knowledge of at least one SQL or NoSQL database technology
- Are data driven, using analytical skills to make pragmatic decisions
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a FinTech environment
- Direct experience using frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Grails, JAX-RS / REST, OpenAPI
- Experience using Kubernetes & AWS EC2/VPC/ELB