Headquartered in London, BVNK is on a mission to make banking and payments work for crypto - the crypto market has evolved fast, and traditional finance is yet to catch up. Operating a business in both crypto and fiat today is incredibly difficult, so we’ve built a business account specifically for crypto businesses, focussing on bridging the gap between fiat and digital assets, bringing payments, trading & custody, and banking to one single platform.
We’re a team of over 100 customer obsessed, passionate people and are growing fast to continue solving problems for crypto businesses around the world. Over the last two years we’ve built a culture of growth and agility, with customers at the centre of everything we do, and we believe that our people are our strongest asset. If you enjoy working in a fast paced energetic environment, solving real world problems, BVNK could be a great fit for you.
About the role:
Trading is at the core of all of our products - globally finding the best route to execute trades from crypto to fiat, and back again, is integral to powering our banking and payments product suite. Connecting to global liquidity venues, finding the best price, and calculating the most intelligent method of achieving the end result is key.
We are looking for a Product Lead to join the team and own our trading products end to end. Reporting directly to our Chief Product Officer you will have complete autonomy over where we drive the Trading Engine, and will be expected to build a defensible product strategy at speed whilst working with the engineers in the Trading Engine squad to execute step by step.
Our product and engineering organisation is split into small autonomous teams, called squads, which are each built to be able to execute on their own strategies independently whilst collaborating with the rest of the organisation. You’ll start by owning the Trading Engine squad as we grow this vital product and will be directly responsible for the billions of dollars of trades we process. As we optimise our margin, and grow our product base, you’ll be responsible for strategising new products - such as credit and leverage based trading products - that help us grow our business.
As Product Lead for the Trading Engine, you will:
- Define the roadmap for the Trading Engine and associated services, such as the tools our trading and treasury teams use
- Research and understand new liquidity providers in the crypto market, and how they can increase our capability or margin
- Work with the engineers in your team to scope, design, and build new features, including defining new trading strategies that help us achieve end results in a more efficient way
- Guide the team through agile ceremonies, such as planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Collaborate directly with the trading and treasury teams to ensure our product serves it’s internal customers effectively
- Contribute to our growing product led culture across the business and within the product team
What we need from you:
- Have experience working in a product led company, owning a high growth customer facing payments product
- Have a strong interest in crypto
- A deep understanding of trading and trading systems
- Experience working with engineers on a day to day basis, and leading the team with context rather than authority
- You’re customer obsessed, always putting the customer experience first
- Strong collaboration skills - you’d consider yourself a “people person”, just as happy working with engineers on specific tasks as you are presenting to the company on KPIs and feature launches, gathering feedback from customers and the sales team, and generally working cross functionally across the business
- Experience in a heavily data driven environment, using data to guide decision making at every stage of the product life cycle
- A passion for growth, obsessively focussing on how we can grow usage and adoption of our products
Nice to have:
- Experience owning a smart order routing system
- Experience working with crypto liquidity providers and market makers
- An interest in the inner workings of a market maker
- Experience working in an early stage startup environment
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth as a product manager
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday, with 25 days as standard
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets