Headquartered in London, BVNK is on a mission to make banking and payments work for crypto - the crypto market has evolved fast, and traditional finance is yet to catch up. Operating a business in both crypto and fiat today is incredibly difficult, so we’ve built a business account specifically for crypto businesses, focussing on bridging the gap between fiat and digital assets, bringing payments, trading & custody, and banking to one single platform.
We’re a team of over 100 customer obsessed, passionate people and are growing fast to continue solving problems for crypto businesses around the world. Over the last two years we’ve built a culture of growth and agility, with customers at the centre of everything we do, and we believe that our people are our strongest asset. If you enjoy working in a fast paced energetic environment, solving real world problems, BVNK could be a great fit for you.
About the role:
The BVNK Payments API product empowers our customers to collect payments from their end users all over the world in both crypto and fiat. Whether it be to top up an account, transfer their holdings, or purchase goods and services, the Payments API powers their checkout experience.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the team and focus on localising our API for the APAC market. Working directly with the VP Payments and Chief Product Officer, you’ll be focussing on how we can collect and settle funds in Asia, understanding how consumers like to pay and buy crypto in local markets, and be leading the front on expansion across APAC and Australasia. You’ll have complete autonomy to define how our Payments API looks and works in our biggest market.
Our product and engineering organisation is split into small autonomous teams, called squads, which are each built to be able to execute on their own strategies independently whilst collaborating with the rest of the organisation. You’ll be owning one of the Payments API squads as we grow this new product and will be directly responsible for the experience that thousands of end users see every day.
As Product Manager for the Payments API, you will:
- Define the roadmap for the Payments API and associated services in Asia, such as hosted payments pages, developer documentation and anything else our customers come into contact with whilst integrating with the product.
- Spend time researching partners to help us collect and settle payments locally in APAC
- Work with the engineers in your team to scope, design, and build new features
- Guide the team through agile ceremonies, such as planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Integration to build out the roadmap, educate on new feature launches, and integrate customer feedback directly into your strategy
- Contribute to our growing product led culture across the business and within the product team
What we need from you:
- Have experience working in a product led company, owning a high growth customer facing payments product
- The ability to think entirely developer first, as you’ll be owning a developer product
- Experience working with engineers on a day to day basis, and leading the team with context rather than authority
- You’re customer obsessed, always putting the customer experience first
- Strong collaboration skills - you’d consider yourself a “people person”, just as happy working with engineers on specific tasks as you are presenting to the company on KPIs and feature launches, gathering feedback from customers and the sales team, and generally working cross functionally across the business
- Experience in a heavily data driven environment, using data to guide decision making at every stage of the product life cycle
- A passion for growth, obsessively focussing on how we can grow usage and adoption of our products
Nice to have:
- Experience owning a crypto payments API
- Experience owning an Open Banking Payments product
- Experience working in an early stage startup environment
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth as a product manager
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets