Headquartered in London, BVNK is on a mission to make banking and payments work for crypto - the crypto market has evolved fast, and traditional finance is yet to catch up. Operating a business in both crypto and fiat today is incredibly difficult, so we’ve built a business account specifically for crypto businesses, focussing on bridging the gap between fiat and digital assets, bringing payments, trading & custody, and banking to one single platform.
We’re a team of over 100 customer obsessed, passionate people and are growing fast to continue solving problems for crypto businesses around the world. Over the last two years we’ve built a culture of growth and agility, with customers at the centre of everything we do, and we believe that our people are our strongest asset. If you enjoy working in a fast paced energetic environment, solving real world problems, BVNK could be a great fit for you.
About the role:
The BVNK Payments products empowers our customers to collect payments from their end users all over the world in both crypto and fiat, and send payments over local payment rails like Faster Payments, SEPA, and ACH. Our offices are based in London and Cape Town.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Core Banking team and own payments compliance end to end. You’ll be the bridge between product and our regulatory compliance team, working to build proactive compliance into our products from day one.
Our product and engineering organisation is split into small autonomous teams, called squads, which are each built to be able to execute on their own strategies independently whilst collaborating with the rest of the organisation. You’ll be building the Fincrime team from the ground up in our core banking tribe - in partnership with our regulatory compliance team you’ll build a vision and roadmap for the team, including how it’s resourced, to build a market leading Fincrime function at BVNK.
As Product Manager for FinCrime, you will:
- Define the roadmap for the Fincrime product team, and lead on the creation of the squad and it’s work
- Work across the product organisation to bring compliance front of mind when building new features and products
- Work with the engineers in your team to scope, design, and build new features, and collaborate with the rest of the core banking tribe
- Guide the team through agile ceremonies, such as planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Contribute to our growing product led culture across the business and within the product team
What we need from you:
- Have experience working in a product led company, owning a Fincrime/payments squad building compliance tech into products
- Experience working with data scientists and leveraging their work in a Fincrime team
- Experience working with engineers on a day to day basis, and leading the team with context rather than authority
- You’re customer obsessed, always putting the customer experience first
- Strong collaboration skills - you’d consider yourself a “people person”, just as happy working with engineers on specific tasks as you are presenting to the company on KPIs and feature launches, gathering feedback from customers and the sales team, and generally working cross functionally across the business
- Experience in a heavily data driven environment, using data to guide decision making at every stage of the product life cycle
- A passion for growth, obsessively focussing on how we can grow usage and adoption of our products
Nice to have:
- Operational experience working in a Fincrime team before joining product
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets