Headquartered in London, BVNK is on a mission to make banking and payments work for crypto - the crypto market has evolved fast, and traditional finance is yet to catch up. Operating a business in both crypto and fiat today is incredibly difficult, so we’ve built a business account specifically for crypto businesses, focussing on bridging the gap between fiat and digital assets, bringing payments, trading & custody, and banking to one single platform.
We’re a team of over 100 customer obsessed, passionate people and are growing fast to continue solving problems for crypto businesses around the world. Over the last two years we’ve built a culture of growth and agility, with customers at the centre of everything we do, and we believe that our people are our strongest asset. If you enjoy working in a fast paced energetic environment, solving real world problems, BVNK could be a great fit for you.
About the role:
BVNK are seeking an experienced, motivated, and proactive candidate to join as a Director of Strategy. This individual will play a key part of the strategic leadership team, working closely with our C-level team to create and implement BVNK’s corporate strategy. You will have the chance to build and maintain relationships with entrepreneurs, investors and executives to help scale and grow BVNK within the fintech space.
As our Director of Strategy, you will:
- Create, scope and implement BVNK’s corporate strategy
- Build a global strategy team (APAC, US)
- Build a competitor and market intelligence / research function
- Develop market benchmarks and roadmaps for operational / growth metrics across business units
- Own all aspects of strategic development – including growth, GTM, product and fundraising strategies, working closely with the relevant teams
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships, investment, talent acquisition, product opportunities.
- Work with the CEO and team to develop and support fundraising efforts
- Partner with C-suite on a variety of strategic projects
- Build and maintain relationships with entrepreneurs, investors and executives to stay informed of early and growth companies in the fintech/crypto markets
- Prepare investor materials and presentations
- Research and identify market trends and provide regular insights / recommendations to the executive team
- Support the assessment, strategy development and planning associated with new capabilities and new business initiatives
- Be actively involved with industry news, conferences, and events and thus being a credible ambassador for the business in dealing with our stakeholders.
What we need from you:
- Experience - 5+ years in Growth / Strategy role within a fast growing fintech or crypto scaleup
- 2-3 year experience in a management consultancy a bonus
- Strong intensity / urgency / initiative
- Strong leader who has successfully built, scaled and led high performing teams.
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience preparing complex financial models and valuation analyses for mergers & acquisitions or similar strategic initiatives
- Excited about working at the intersection of traditional and crypto financial systems.
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday, with 25 days as standard
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, its culture, and its opportunity sets