Merchant Support Analyst
BVNK is a next-generation payments platform for global businesses. We bridge the gap between traditional and digital finance to make payments borderless, instant, and secure. Using the BVNK platform, businesses can send and receive payments on all major schemes and blockchain networks, incorporate stablecoins into their payment flows, and settle funds in over 30 markets.
We are a diverse team spread across the UK, Europe, South Africa and APAC, with a shared belief that in the next five years all payment flows will interact with crypto, and BVNK will be at the forefront of this shift. We recently raised 40m in series A funding, and we're looking for smart, ambitious people to help us build the next generation of payments.
About this role in the team:
We pride ourselves on innovation, creativity and developing within a rapidly expanding industry. Our accelerated growth is driven by our successful product offerings which play an integral role in the adoption of crypto assets.
BVNK is seeking an experienced, motivated, and proactive candidate to join our Support team as a Merchant Support Analyst. This role reports directly to the Customer Support Manager but will work closely with other functions within the business. This role will require a high level of initiative, attention to detail as well as expertise in onboarding, KYC, payments and customer service, and will work closely with Account Managers, Risk, Operations, Management and other Compliance functions.
Due to our expanding business, there is an increased demand for customer query resolution, as well as the management of new client onboarding. This role will form part of the team in Cape Town, and will work closely with the Account Managers, Risk, Operations, Management and other Compliance functions.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Manage incoming queries received from global customers and provide prompt support.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and solve customer queries in a prompt manner.
- Communicate with customers through multiple channels and platforms.
- Have an extensive knowledge of our products, particularly from a customer perspective.
- Exceed customer expectations by going above and beyond.
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues as necessary.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of departmental resources, policies and procedures.
- Use customer service tools in order to provide an accurate response and an exceptional customer experience.
- Escalate customer issues appropriately and correctly.
- Proactively communicate system- and process-issues, as well as customer feedback trends to management.
- Moderate incoming customer reviews and respond promptly to reviews in order to resolve
- Manage multiple tasks at the same time and work closely with various departments to resolve outstanding issues.
- Provide excellent customer experience and go the extra mile to ensure queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- To review documents and immediately flag any customer as high risk if any discrepancies arise using rights to Onfido.
- Be actively involved with industry news, conferences, and events and thus being a credible ambassador for the business in all dealing with clients
What we need from you:
- 1-2 years experience in the customer service industry a plus but not essential
- A successful track record for managing relationships and maintaining business relations.
- Experienced in successfully managing multiple projects at the same time
- Desire to learn and gain insight into the crypto industry.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Goal-oriented and results-focused with ability to work under pressure.
- High integrity and exceptional work ethic
- Phenomenal interpersonal communication skills; is confident, dynamic, and assertive
- Demonstrable ability to mentor, coach and develop people
- Problem-Solving Skills. This is the number one skill you need to excel in good customer service
- Empathetic, friendly, communicative.
- Time management.
- Business acumen and product/ service knowledge.
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth as a Merchant Support Analyst
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday with 20 days as a standard
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets
At BVNK, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. While you may not meet all of our requirements, we’d encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of our expectations. You may be a great fit for this role or another role in our team.