BVNK is a next-generation payments platform for global businesses. We bridge the gap between traditional and digital finance to make payments borderless, instant, and secure. Using the BVNK platform, businesses can send and receive payments on all major schemes and blockchain networks, incorporate stablecoins into their payment flows, and settle funds in over 30 markets.
We are a diverse team spread across the UK, Europe, South Africa and APAC, with a shared belief that in the next five years all payment flows will interact with crypto, and BVNK will be at the forefront of this shift. We recently raised 40m in series A funding, and we're looking for smart, ambitious people to help us build the next generation of payments.
About the role:
Location: We offer a Hybrid/Remote working policy which allows us to hire across EMEA.
The Embedded Payments and Onboarding squad at BVNK is integral to our operations. They play a multifaceted role in engineering technology that ensures a thorough vetting and identity verification process for new customers before they access BVNK's products and services. They collaborate closely with legal and compliance teams to ensure that our onboarding procedures align with local and international regulations. This squad plays a crucial role in safeguarding the company against potential reputational and financial risks while ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for customers.
Additionally, this squad plays a pivotal role in creating B2B2C integrations. These integrations enable businesses to embed our services using our APIs and licenses, allowing them to offer cryptocurrency services to their customers. In essence, the Embedded Payments and Onboarding squad's work not only secures the onboarding process but also expands BVNK's reach in the financial sector through strategic partnerships.
- Collaborate closely with our product team to ensure efficient iteration and delivery of high-quality results in the Embedded Payments and Onboarding squad.
- Have a pragmatic approach that prioritizes simplicity while maintaining effectiveness in all engineering projects.
- Ensure that our products are engineered in a future-proof manner, emphasizing the sustainability of product design.
- Facilitate the integration of Salesforce into our engineering practices, working closely with Salesforce experts and engineers to ensure seamless integration of this critical tool.
- Collaborate with RegTech vendors to seamlessly infuse cutting-edge regulatory technology solutions into our engineering ecosystem, ensuring our preparedness to adapt to shifting regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to ensuring that our engineering practices remain compliant and up-to-date, playing a crucial role in strengthening our Embedded Payments and Onboarding capabilities.
This role could be a great opportunity if you:
- Are excited by complex problems in a constantly evolving industry
- Are comfortable with a fast paced and often ambiguous environment
- Expertise in Java, Java stream API, Java concurrency, generics.
- Expertise in SQL databases.
- Experience in building multi-threaded applications and services.
- Passionate about creating robust distributed applications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to work independently or in a team.
- Good understanding of financial services, particularly in payments and trading.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets
At BVNK, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. While you may not meet all of our requirements, we’d encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of our expectations. You may be a great fit for this role or another role in our team.