BVNK is a next-generation payments platform for global businesses. We bridge the gap between traditional and digital finance to make payments borderless, instant, and secure. Using the BVNK platform, businesses can send and receive payments on all major schemes and blockchain networks, incorporate stablecoins into their payment flows, and settle funds in over 30 markets.
We are a diverse team spread across the UK, Europe, South Africa and APAC, with a shared belief that in the next five years all payment flows will interact with crypto, and BVNK will be at the forefront of this shift. We recently raised 40m in series A funding, and we're looking for smart, ambitious people to help us build the next generation of payments.
About the role
The Operations Manager holds a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth and efficient processing of digital assets, FX and payment transactions, overseeing both the Payment Operations and Reconciliation teams within BVNK. The Operations manager will lead these teams, ensuring compliance with EMI regulations, and continually enhancing operational processes to elevate the customer experience.
Team Leadership: Provide strong leadership and guidance to the Payment Operations and Reconciliation teams. Cultivate a culture of excellence, teamwork, and customer-centricity ensuring adherence to service level agreements & regulatory requirements
Financial Operations Management: Lead the teams responsible for Payment operations and Reconciliations, covering UK & International FIAT payment schemes (Faster Payments, CHAPS, SEPA CT, SEPA INST, SWIFT, FEDWIRE, ACH..) & Digital asset payments, ensuring the effective management of all related exceptions, investigations and resolutions.
Process Enhancement: Identify opportunities for process optimisation within both the Payment operations and Reconciliation teams, developing industry leading best practices to maximise efficiency whilst ensuring accuracy across all payment processing and safeguarding practices
Regulatory Compliance: Stay current with industry regulations and ensure that teams adhere to all applicable laws and guidelines. Collaborate with the Compliance team to execute regular audits and maintain a high standard of compliance
Cross-functional Collaboration:Collaborate closely with Data, Engineering, Transformation & Product teams to drive operational optimisations and tooling into BVNK’s platform
Quality Assurance: Ensure quality assurance and end-to-end reviews of processes worked by the Reconciliation and Payment operations. Collaborate with internal and external auditors to maintain strong internal controls.
Team Development: Recruit, train, coach, and develop team members as needed to enhance their skills and effectiveness
What we will need from you:
- Prior experience working in a regulated payment business is essential
- Strong financial acumen, commercial awareness, analytical skills and the ability to lead both complexity and volume of demand
- Change management skills - experience with/heavily involved with high-level process change
- Exceptional leadership, combined with highly tuned interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder leadership skills both internally and externally; senior level influencing, relationship management and consulting
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets
At BVNK, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. While you may not meet all of our requirements, we’d encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of our expectations. You may be a great fit for this role or another role in our team.