Reporting to: Software Manager (Dragos Sorescu)
People Manager? Yes – you’ll be managing a team of 3 or 4 Junior/Mid-level Developers
Location: Remote, UK
Working pattern: Full-time
What you’ll do
- Leading a self-organising Agile team
- Ensure the team consistently and predictably deliver against business requirements following agreed Agile methodologies
- Coaching the team to optimise its performance, fostering a trusting and safe environment with a focus on continuous improvement and efficiency
- Pre-empt and manage cross-team coordination and ensure the team maintains contact with stakeholders
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product domain and customer needs
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies for planning, stand-ups, retrospective, and review
- Develop and maintain a profile of the team’s skills, sharing identified training needs with the Software Manager who ensures these needs are met
- Coach the team in Agile development practices and the tools we use to implement them
- Promote Agile values, principles, and practices within the organisation
- Support the Technical Product Manager, Product Owners, and other Agile teams in refining the product backlog, with appropriate involvement of the team
- Support the Software Manager in the recruitment of new team members
- Hands-on software development and testing responsibilities
- Creating, enhancing, and maintaining web applications using React, NodeJS and other modern technologies, frameworks, and tools
- Developing and maintaining game-like computerised cognitive tests
- Designing innovative solutions and assisting with platform architectural decisions
- Writing, reviewing, and maintaining software specifications
- As required, providing 2nd line technical support, and managing such allocation within the team
- Line-managing team-members
- Carry out appraisal process for team members
- Work with team members to create an Individual Development Plan
What we’d love from you
- Hands-on experience in a software development or testing role within an Agile development team. Thorough knowledge of software development process including Agile methods.
- Project management experience, ideally for software development projects.
- Experience leading a software development team.
- Passion for Agile software development in the mobile sector for healthcare applications.
- Optimism, energy, and can-do attitude.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to autonomously manage, prioritise and take responsibility for own workload and that of others.
- Excellent written and spoken English, with a clear, accurate and concise written style. Flexibility and a talent for keeping work well organised.
- Strong commercial experience in web application / SaaS software development and testing, ideally in a technology stack utilising JS/TS, React and NodeJS.
- Thorough understanding of good software development principles and practices.
- Understanding of risk management and software security.
- Devotion to continuous improvement of their own technical skills and effective at knowledge sharing and mentoring team members
What we can offer you
- 26 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- Generous pension with up to 6.5% company contribution
- Life assurance 2x base salary
- Private Health Insurance - Bupa Insurance, Simply Health Cashback Scheme
Even if you don't have all the experience we've listed we’d still love to hear from you if you're interested.
We're not currently able to sponsor employees. This means we’re unable to consider applications from candidates who are not eligible to work in the country our roles are based.
Cambridge Cognition is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.