Department: Software Developer team
Reporting to: Dragos Sorescu, Software Development Manager
People Manager? No
Location: Bryanston, Johannesburg, South Africa (2 days a week in the office)
Working pattern: Full time
What you’ll do
You'll Leads test design. Manual and automated software testing for CANTAB computerised cognitive testing products, which are deployed in a variety of customer settings and using a range of technologies. You'll also support with technical administration duties.
The key aims of this role are:
- Providing rapid turnaround testing of software to comply with company and/or regulatory standards, to include:
- Creation & execution of automated test scripts.
- Creation and review of testing documentation such as specifications, testing plans, validation reports, and of other software QC related documents as necessary.
- Oversight and guidance to test engineers. Continuous process improvement.
- Functional testing of software or systems based upon documented testing specifications.
- Creation of testing records that are complete, legible and accurate for all formal testing activities performed.
- Other routine QC activities as required, such as document reviewing or cross-checking, verification of fixes to software defects and enhancement requests, and informal or ad hoc testing of software or systems.
- Gathering and certifying data for regression testing activities, including coordination of regression testing and interpreting the results for software releases.
- Occasional routine non-testing activities in support of the software team’s work. These will be with full instruction and quality checks as appropriate by the relevant software team member. Such activities include:
- Provision of second line telephone and email technical support to customers.
- Creating, updating and reviewing configurations for client software.
- Technical administration and support to projects, such as working on project databases and servers, assisting with the hardware and software set-up and management, troubleshooting any arising technical issues.
What we’d love from you…
- Ability to engage with software and find and describe issues with its behaviour.
- Experience of testing in mobile/tablet technology.
- A sound academic background, particularly in numerate disciplines. (A-level Maths would be desirable).
- Excellent written and spoken English, with a clear, accurate and concise written style.
- Self-sufficiency, flexibility and a talent for keeping work well organised.
- A good standard of mathematical ability, for example to calculate scores based on responses made in cognitive tests (e.g. proportion of responses correct, probability of error given error), and to understand algebraic formulae defining such scores.
- A good level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, for example to write specification documents and records of testing, and to write Excel formulae to verify score calculations.
Ideally you'll have:
- Programming or scripting skills
- Knowledge/experience of different testing methodologies (such as black/white box, boundary, automated, regression, benchmarking/performance & stress testing) and tools (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools, especially Jira for issue tracking.
- Knowledge/experience of Linux system administration.
- A-level or equivalent in Maths
- Experience of customer-facing work such as client technical support
What we can offer you:
We are proud to be able to offer all of our South African colleagues the following benefits:
- Flexibility – 2 days a week at our office in Bryanston and the rest from home
- Medical Cover - Discovery Delta Saver + gap cover
- Risk Cover - 4x base salary life cover and up to R15,000 cover for funeral costs
- A fantastic Company Pension - 8% employer contribution when you put in 5%
Even if you don't have all the experience we've listed we’d still love to hear from you if you're interested.
We're not currently able to sponsor employees. This means we’re unable to consider applications from candidates who are not eligible to work in the country our roles are based.
Cambridge Cognition is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.