Department: Software Developer team
Reporting to: Dragos Sorescu, Software Development Manager
People Manager? No
Location: Bryanston, Johannesburg, South Africa (2 days a week in the office)
Working pattern: Full time
The team you’ll be working in
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven Software Developer to join a fast paced and high performing team.
You’ll become part sprint team responsible for enhancing and maintaining CANTAB® Connect, a cognitive testing platform, and its end-user applications using modern web technologies. You’ll typically work with 3-4 others in a sprint team practicing Agile Scrum or Kanban.
Your work will support researchers and health organisations worldwide in improving patient outcomes in conditions affecting brain health.
What you’ll do
Together with your sprint team you will:
- Assist with platform architectural decisions
- Develop and maintain game-like computerised cognitive tests
- Be responsible for writing and reviewing functional specifications for allocated projects
What we’d love from you
- A desire to build meaningful healthcare software applications that improve the quality of people’s everyday lives
- Passion for software development in the mobile tablet sector for healthcare based commercial applications
- Knowledge or interest in learning modern web development frameworks and mobile technologies
- Full software development lifecycle experience in successful projects, utilising good software development and quality management practices
- Strong academic record, including a degree in a numerate discipline (or equivalent relevant professional experience)
- Good basic mathematical ability, and excellent written English (spelling, grammar, clarity of written style etc.) and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including excellent time management skills and the ability to autonomously manage and take responsibility for a complex workload
- Used to delivering to timescales in an Agile Scrum software development environment
- Experience of React.js, Flux and SASS
- Automated testing experience, especially using Jasmine and Selenium
- Server development experience using Node.js, Grails or Spring
- Basic Linux command line experience
- Developing software under an ISO certified quality management system
- User experience design
What we can offer you:
We are proud to be able to offer all of our South African colleagues the following benefits:
- Flexibility – 2 days a week at our office in Bryanston and the rest from home
- Medical Cover - Discovery Delta Saver + gap cover
- Risk Cover - 4x base salary life cover and up to R15,000 cover for funeral costs
- A fantastic Company Pension - 8% employer contribution when you put in 5%
Even if you don't have all the experience we've listed we’d still love to hear from you if you're interested.
We're not currently able to sponsor employees. This means we’re unable to consider applications from candidates who are not eligible to work in the country our roles are based.
Cambridge Cognition is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.