Reporting to: Matthew Stork, CEO
People Manager? Yes – 2 direct reports (TA Lead and People Advisor)
Location: Bottisham, Cambridge
Working pattern: Full time
We are recruiting a Head of People & Talent to join our team here at Cambridge Cognition. This is a great opportunity to join a research-based, commercially focused business, driven by our values. We have amazing people, who do brilliant things that make a real difference.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be pivotal to the success and growth of the business; enabling our team members to deliver their best work.
Who are Cambridge Cognition and what do we do?
Our mission is to improve patient outcomes by providing the technology to better understand, detect and treat conditions affecting brain health. Our scientifically validated, gold standard portfolio of digital health solutions provide effective and efficient assessments of cognition and other markers of brain health. We are constantly innovating, researching, and developing new products and services to suit the needs of our academic and commercial clients.
Our high-quality service ensures that our customers are fully supported throughout their experience with us. Our success in commercialising existing products together with increasing demand in the sector is driving rapid growth. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our team at this exciting time as we continue to invest for future growth.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing the people strategy against the business strategy; owning our people delivery plan; and reporting against our KPIs
- Leading the People Team which includes a Talent Acquisition Lead and People Advisor and supporting them with their development
- Focusing on broad strategic people aspects, you will create and deliver key transformational projects
- Aligning the strategy to deliver a healthy culture and high employee engagement
- Supporting the executive team on corporate business development activities and implementation
- Leading on employer brand and talent acquisition and development as a key part of the strategy
- Evolving our policies and procedures to drive performance
- Supporting with, and where necessary leading on, ER cases
- Working across our entire organisation including our UK, US, and South African offices
- Ensuring outstanding execution of all operational HR matters, including Talent Acquisition, onboarding, ER cases, HR policies and payroll.
What we’d love from you
- Be a strategic thinker with experience in designing and implementing a People Strategy
- Have experience leading the people approach for business issues suitable for a organisation such as ours
- Be able to juggle multiple priorities and have the drive to successfully deliver the strategy
- Be a proven HR generalist with experience of delivering at a strategic level
- Be educated to degree level and/or have a CIPD qualification
- Be highly organised and have keen attention to detail with the ability to effectively communicate with all people across our business
- Have exceptional organisational and communication skills together with proven leadership capabilities
- Have a solid understanding of employment legislation
- Be a proactive team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Be experienced in developing and supporting people managers through change
- Have an ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Be self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy and as part of a team.
We are a business that is growing fast, and we would love to hear from people that are excited by this opportunity and feel they can contribute, develop and grow with us.
What we can offer you
- Flexibility, with in Bottisham just outside Cambridge, we are trialling hybrid work and see the value in having time together working in the office and time at home.
- 26 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- Generous pension with up to 6.5% company contribution
- Life assurance 2x base salary
- Private Health Insurance - Bupa Insurance, Simply Health Cashback Scheme
- Share options – a % of base salary, with nominal exercise price and vesting over 3 years (subject to board approval)
Even if you don't have all the experience we've listed we’d still love to hear from you if you're interested.
We're not currently able to sponsor employees. This means we’re unable to consider applications from candidates who are not eligible to work in the country our roles are based.
Cambridge Cognition is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.