We’re looking for a motivated and experienced Java Software Engineer (all genders) who loves to keep customers happy by developing our DRMtoday cloud licensing service to secure their premium streaming video content .
In this role you’ll further develop our mostly Java based service’s complex and distributed software architecture.
You’ll be part of a highly-qualified and international team of experts working with leading companies in the technology and video streaming industry as well as top worldwide consumer entertainment brands.
How we work
- We design, implement, test, manage, and operate a worldwide distributed DRM delivery network and related software
- We maintain and further develop our AWS based products to deliver a high-quality and high-availability service for international clients
- We organize ourselves and have regular meetings to discuss our projects as well as retrospectives to improve our collaboration
- We are an international team spread across two continents and multiple time zones
- We work closely together with customer engineers, solution architects and the sales team
- We thoroughly review code of other team mates
- We participate actively in decision making for new and existing features
Your tasks and responsibilities
- As a member of the DRMtoday team you will participate in all aspects of product development from idea to proof-of-concept to development to operation.
- We strive to provide our customers with close-to-perfect availability and reliability. In your role you will focus on our infrastructure and operational aspects to help us achieve excellence in this area.
- Excellent development skills with Java and Spring
- Strong understanding of the container ecosystem (Docker)
- Experience with Maven, git, Continuous integration
- Understanding of software engineering cycles, principles, and versioning
- Experience in handling high traffic and/or large amounts of data
- Experience with building, deploying and operating distributed server infrastructures in cloud environments
- Basic security and cryptography knowledge
- You love to improve & optimise software with strong passion for new technologies
- Dedicated and reliable team player with a hands-on attitude
- Passionate developer with the desire to learn. Potential stretch assignments involve learning and developing in Rust
- Fluent English skills since we are an international team
Nice to haves
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with SRE
- Knowledge of streaming/OTT technologies would be a plus:
- DRM with Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine, Apple Fairplay
- Encoding, MPEG-DASH, HLS/CMAF, HTML5 EME
- Development experience in Rust, Python, and/or .NET/C#
- A truly open-minded and supportive work environment with a high level of employee empowerment
- Completely self-organized structure within the Holacracy based organizational framework
- Personal and professional development that enables you to grow and do a great job
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity of remote work aligned with your personal needs
- Bi-annual get-together with summer party in Berlin
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story!
We value diversity!
castLabs is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
WE DON'T SEEK OR ACCEPT UNSOLICITED RESUMES OR CVS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES. WE AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND WILL NOT PAY, ANY FEES, COMMISSIONS, OR ANY OTHER PAYMENT RELATED TO UNSOLICITED RESUMES OR CVS EXCEPT AS REQUIRED IN A WRITTEN CONTRACT BETWEEN CASTLABS AND THE RECRUITMENT AGENCY OR PARTY REQUESTING PAYMENT OF A FEE.