Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We're building a team to implement climate data visualisations and are looking for a software engineering generalist with experience of building UIs and delivering data to them. As part of this team you'll be exercising a cutting-edge skill set with chances to learn across the stack (e.g. data stores, pipelines and architectures; geospatial data and interactive visualisations). The role offers a unique opportunity to join an exciting, early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
- Build compelling and high-performance climate data visualisations, using libraries such as d3 and visx as well as geospatial data
- Develop performant services allowing our customers to access our climate signals
- Identify unified data models by collaborating with scientists and product designers in a cross-functional team
- Manage and deliver stateful data into the client application
- Ensure software quality across our products including documentation, testing, monitoring and observability
- Work with senior leaders throughout Cervest to make sure that what we are building is best in class for what we are trying to achieve today as well as 12 months from now
- Deploying services on our Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Python
- Experience with HTTP Python frameworks (e.g, FastAPI, Flask)
- Experience with a of data stores (e.g. Elastic, Postgres, Cassandra)
- Experience designing schemas and APIs
- Experience automating quality checks - eg tests, static checks, monitoring metrics and alarms
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)