Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We are hiring a product designer to work alongside our product design team. We are on an exciting journey of building our first climate solution and are in need of a product designer to work on our EarthScan product. It is an exciting opportunity to join a talented product design team.
- Collaborating with senior designers working on a feature, module designs and visualisations.
- Building high-fidelity designs for the product.
- Participate in ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprint
- Use behavioural and research data to support designs, substantiating work with quantitative, behavioural data, customer feedback and usability findings
- Run and facilitate usability tests and design workshops
- Help designer to maintain and develop design systems
- Strong UI skills
- A portfolio featuring examples of product design work and thinking
- A broad design skillset with strong skills in user experience and user interface design.
- Ability to create pixel-perfect designs and detailed specifications for components, patterns, interactions and behaviours
- Experience with and passion for modular design, systems and technology
- Experience working across web, mobile web and native environments
- Ability to articulate design decisions and the value of design systems to our internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable working with tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision or similar.
- Experience in designing for data visualisations, particularly within decision-support tools.
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)