Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience of designing and delivering data services to join the team, and help us develop our product. The role offers a unique opportunity to join an exciting, early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
- Identify unified data models by collaborating with scientists and product designs on a cross functional team.
- Build and maintain real-time/batch data pipelines
- Develop performant services for allowing our customers access to the climate signals we develop
- Ensure software quality across our products including, code quality, testing, monitoring and observability.
- Work with senior leaders throughout Cervest to make sure that what we are building is best in class for what we are trying to achieve today as well as 12 months from now.
- Supporting the delivery of tactical requirements both internal and external as and when they occur
- Significant experience with Python
- Experience of designing data processes to support visualisations using Python
- Experience with HTTP frameworks such as Flask
- Experience with a variety of data stores for example Elastic, Postgres, Cassandra
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ or SQS
- Good level of experience / comfort with Cloud Deployment Environments (AWS preferred)
- Familiar with and competent using Docker to deliver applications
- Familiar with different types of data formats such as Parquet, Avro, Protobuf
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)