Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We're seeking a Technical Writer for our internal platform, EarthCore. You'll be critical to delivering our software and data products to our internal clients EarthScan, EarthCap and EarthScience. You will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products and work on internal and external communication pieces that will help us to elevate the profile of our brand. You will implement content processes and workflows where necessary, and ensure consistency across our documentation and products.
You will join an agile and truly cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists and data and infrastructure engineers to make our software and data products easier to use and help us assure that all our internal processes are well documented.
You'll also be passionate about grasping complex technical or scientific concepts and making them easy to understand through engaging content and visuals.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company as well as on climate change awareness across different industries.
As a Technical Writer for the EarthCore Platform at Cervest, you will:
- Work with the engineering and sciences team to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Set up content workflows and processes where necessary
- Keep documentation of EarthCore's data and technology products and internal processes up to date
- Ensure consistency in terminology and language across our products and documentation
- Build out and curate EarthCore's internal knowledge sharing platform
- Review and edit technical reports and presentations
- Support the planning and delivery of Cervest's content calendar
- Support the development of customer-facing technical and scientific content, such as our Knowledge Base
- Write blog post and other communication pieces to highlight EarthCore/Cervest's work and help us build our brand
- Solid experience in writing technical content (minimum 2 years), and having previously worked in an agile team
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Experience translating high-level scientific/technical knowledge into engaging content for non-specialist audiences.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Very good understanding of software and data product documentation.
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)