Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We're seeking a Data Acquisition Manager for our Asset team within our internal platform, EarthCore. You'll be critical to bringing asset level climate intelligence into the climate security market and to making our AI-first platform successful. You will be in charge of sourcing high quality third party data to enrich our canonical asset store.
You will join an agile and truly cross-functional team of software, data and infrastructure engineers, data and climate scientists and domain experts in carbon accounting, financial risk and civil engineering. In your role you will bring our canonical asset data store and knowledge graph to life and build a global team of data acquisition specialists and domain experts together with whom you will create a digital twin of the world’s assets.
You'll also be passionate about the craft and process of identifying high value data sources. You will play a crucial role in the cross-functional team, coordinate update requirements and cadence for the various data sources with product managers and engineering staff and assure compliance with data license agreements of data suppliers
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company as well as on climate change awareness across different industries.
As data acquisition manager you will be responsible for:
- Build and direct a global team of data acquisition specialists
- Source, validate and acquire relevant, high quality datasets for physical and natural asset at global scale
- Assure compliance with data license agreements of data suppliers
- Map acquired datasets against canonical asset store data model
- Define and prototype ingestion pipelines
- Coordinate update requirements and cadence for the various data sources with product managers and engineering staff.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or an equivalent amount of relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years working with data-centric operations, such as data acquisition, data ingestion, data modeling, data governance, or data analytics.
- Experience managing data analytics platforms and data operations pipeline.
- Team leadership experience while working in a distributed team across time zones.
- Experience working with data providers and/or 3rd party vendors.
- Experience aligning data assets with business needs & product roadmaps.
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages.
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)