Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
We're seeking a Technical Product Manager for our platform team within our internal platform, EarthCore. You'll be critical to bringing asset level climate intelligence into the climate security market and to making our AI-first platform successful. You will be working across all stages of the product life cycle, and focusing on creating value for our customers.
You will join an agile and truly cross-functional team of scientific software engineers, data and infrastructure engineers and data scientists to help define and execute our platform strategy at global scale and find innovative solutions to enable multiple use cases across our customer-facing products.
You'll also be passionate about the craft and process of building world-class products. You will play a crucial role in the cross-functional team, providing clear priorities, bridging user needs with other business requirements, validating key hypotheses, and incorporating learnings into the next product iteration.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company as well as on climate change awareness across different industries.
We are a pro-diversity company and passionate about bringing together people of all backgrounds, because we know that a diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
As a Technical Product Manager for the Platform team at Cervest, you will:
- Serve as primary contact for internal clients (EarthCap, EarthScan, EarthLab) for all questions around the platform roadmap with EarthCore
- Work with product leaders and experts across the business to identify clear problem we are trying to solve for our customers and end-users;
- Define product requirements that can solve that problem in a cost-efficient, technically feasible way;
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists and continuously strive for demonstrating a technical and data understanding of the complexities involved with solution development;
- Be responsible for your team’s product backlog through a combination of feasibility analysis, acceptance criteria/use case evaluation, effort estimation and feature prioritization;
- Keep a relevant backlog of tasks for both delivery and discovery tracks and constantly revising them with the team to ensure they remain relevant and aligned with the objectives of the team;
- Nurture customer-centric thinking within your team and aim for demonstrating and encouraging the right way of thinking within the product team;
- Be responsible for continuous improvement of the product, identifying and prioritising improvements and enhancements using quantitative and qualitative data;
- Work directly with peers in the engineering, science, and design/UX teams to ensure product changes are appropriated specified, discussed, estimated and planned prior to commencement;
- Timely identify risks and potential delays during product development and play an active role to mitigate risks and communicate changes to internal client;
- Be able to define and own a minimum standard of documentation describing the product;
- Maintain a standard of product discipline including driving some ceremonies and team ways of working.
- Maintain close collaboration with the delivery team to make sure timings and objectives are effectively reflected in the backlog.
- You love learning about new concepts, available technologies, climate science, and industry trends.
- You are willing to experiment with creative ideas or solutions.
- You are also self-aware and have the ability to remain objective and avoid projecting your own preferences onto users and their needs from the products.
- Collaboration with different parts of the business to define the problems space and potential solutions is very important to you.
- You demonstrate collaborative and constructive attitudes and approaches when working with different disciplines while maintaining the ability to gather a broader perspective so all concerned parties’ are being considered.
- You are likely to take an initiative in areas of uncertainty and you are not afraid of taking accountability for decisions on the product.
- You want to work on products that you genuinely enjoy and get excited about, and you wish to inspire others with your product vision and roadmap plans.
- You must have solid experience in technical product development (minimum 5 years), worked previously in an agile team, have a very good technical understanding of building products, interacting with APIs and cloud system architecture.
- It would be great if you have previously worked on B2B and B2C SaaS products that were rich in data processing and AI/ML especially in conveying environmental or geospatial data to users.
- Experience in Fintech/capital markets or data science would be a great plus.
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 22 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which gives an extra 3-4 days off each year (on top of your 22 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)