Cervest is building the world's first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a Certified B Corporation with a vision to build a climate intelligent world — one where everyone is able to use Climate Intelligence to adapt with climate change. By making Climate Intelligence open, democratised and transparent we will power a global Climate Intelligent Network™ that drives a chain reaction of climate intelligent decisions to protect the world’s critical assets, including our greatest asset — the planet.
Using our flagship EarthScanTM product, anyone can discover how current and future climate events such as flooding, droughts, and extreme temperatures will impact their assets. EarthScan helps our customers confidently de-risk decisions, meet financial disclosure needs and improve the resilience of the assets they own, manage or rely on.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Cervest has incredibly ambitious goals for 2022, and our cloud infrastructure is imperative to our success as we scale.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will have a unique opportunity to build a career in a remote-first category building organisation. Reporting into the Director of Infrastructure, you will be tasked with helping to develop the cloud based ecosystem that hosts our suite of self-serve tools and services. This includes designing, implementing, and maintaining high complexity infrastructure ecosystems, supporting large teams and enterprise grade delivery. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and develop the careers of more junior members of staff.
- Functional ownership: You will be responsible for all things infrastructure-related: Devops, Cloudops, Security, SRE, and more.
- People leadership and mentorship: Being a mentor to more junior members of the team
- Technical direction setting: We use a lot of great tools and technologies (k8s, Terraform, AWS, Github, etc.), but you will be responsible for evolving and enhancing our topology to optimize velocity.
- Metrics and monitoring: Being a data company, we want data to inform our decision making. You will own the data that demonstrates how efficiently we are delivering software, how well we are reacting to issues, and the ops around our platform.
- Platformizing our ops: Our development teams are responsible for the products and features they deliver. You will provide a platformized infrastructure that will standardize performance, efficiency, resiliency, change management, and incident response.
- Enterprise grade delivery: Our customers are massive organizations that rely on our data to make million dollar decisions. Your cloud ecosystem will provide for this massive scale and high uptime, and hold our dev teams to that standard.
- Technology velocity: We are creating a category, and we are first to market. We will maintain and augment that lead only if our technologists and scientists have a high velocity ecosystem. Your team will facilitate this velocity!
- Strong industry experience: High experienced within the software industry, including management or mentorship of infrastructure teams.
- Leadership: You have mentored or grown teams of infrastructure engineers
- Complex architectures: You’ve designed, implemented, and maintained high complexity infrastructure ecosystems, supporting large teams and enterprise grade delivery.
- Cloud experience: You have deep experience in a wide variety of cloud functionality, infrastructure as code, issue alerting and remediation, and high-uptime services. We use AWS but experience with GCP or Azure is great too
- Security, geography, and resiliency: You’ve dealt with enterprise data, security controls and data management, globally distributed cloud software, incident response, and disaster recovery.
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote-first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which typically gives an extra 3 days off each year (on top of your 25 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)