Cervest is building the world's first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a Certified B Corporation with a vision to build a climate intelligent world — one where everyone is able to use Climate Intelligence to adapt with climate change. By making Climate Intelligence open, democratised and transparent we will power a global Climate Intelligent Network™ that drives a chain reaction of climate intelligent decisions to protect the world’s critical assets, including our greatest asset — the planet.
Using our flagship EarthScanTM product, anyone can discover how current and future climate events such as flooding, droughts, and extreme temperatures will impact their assets. EarthScan helps our customers confidently de-risk decisions, meet financial disclosure needs and improve the resilience of the assets they own, manage or rely on.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Cervest has incredibly ambitious goals for 2022, and our Cloud based services and tooling is imperative to our success as we scale.
As Head of Cloud Services you will have a unique opportunity to build a career in a remote-first category building organisation. Reporting into the CTO, you will be tasked with overseeing and growing the community of engineers developing our public cloud data services and the tooling used by our customers.
- Overseeing the public cloud data services and developing the accompanying architecture and engineering processes as we create Enterprise grade software and services
- Overseeing all aspects of engineering, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, information security and best practices & technology stacks
- Provide the business with technical leadership of Cloud Services Engineering and contribute to internal roadmaps
- Establish regularly 1:1s, goals and KPIs with each of your reports to support their growth and output
- Take over the resourcing and hiring process for the Cloud Services Engineering community
- A leadership philosophy grounded in leading by example and empowering others
- Experience building inclusive team environments
- Specialist in software delivery, with experience and knowledge of delivering complex platforms through multidiscipline teams
- Experience of solution design on customer focused digital services
- Proven experience in designing and implementing fully integrated globally scalable direct-to-consumer architecture
- Proven experience in designing and implementing solutions related to one or more of the following domains: Cloud computing architectures, Amazon Web Services (AWS), microservices-based architectures, data transformation, DevSecOps methodology and automation
- Experience in IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache)
- (optional) Experience in launching and managing overseas or remote engineering teams