CHARM Therapeutics is a biotech company focused on delivering transformational medicines that will address difficult-to-drug targets in key oncogenic pathways.
CHARM has developed the first highly accurate, high throughput protein-ligand co-folding algorithm (DragonFold), driven by end-to-end 3D deep learning. Our platform enables the rapid generation of highly differentiated clinical candidates, and our ambition is to revolutionise drug discovery.
CHARM Therapeutics is establishing a state-of-the-art R&D facility in Cambridge, UK. We are seeking an exceptional biochemist with a passion for scientific innovation to lead our biochemistry group. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative discovery team to invent novel medicines and drive them towards the clinic.
We are currently seeking an exceptional biochemist to join the structural sciences group at CHARM Therapeutics, establishing and then leading a lab-based team working on high throughput crystallographic and CryoEM structural targets to fully enable and drive multiple SBDD / Med Chem campaigns.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- A PhD level qualification in protein biochemistry or a related discipline, is required.
- A minimum of eight years experience in an industrial / biotech setting and previous team leadership is preferred.
- Extensive experience and drive in the application of precision protein biochemistry to all aspects of drug discovery programs including structural biology and generating / interpreting QC / functional data in terms of MS, SPR, ITC, etc.
- Excellent molecular biology / cloning / protein engineering skills and knowledgeable in expression construct design, and all types of downstream purification strategies.
- Extensive practical experience and expertise in the expression and purification of multiple target proteins from recombinant systems (both bacterial and eukaryotic) utilising e.g. cutting edge 3rd Gen affinity systems, for targets specifically in oncology, alongside higher molecular weight complexes and integral membrane proteins for structural and biophysical analysis.
- Demonstrable track record and deep knowledge of leading a group that routinely produces large scale protein preparations with targets purified to homogeneity across numerous FPLC systems - while leveraging multiple expression sources including bacterial, insect cell and mammalian suspension cell culture – with resultant samples subsequently being deployed across an array of discovery applications.
- Ability to direct and manage a large group of scientists efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in presenting results (both written and verbal) to internal and external audiences.
What we offer
- Private Medical Insurance, incl. dental & mental cover
- Competitive pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Weekly office lunch
- Office fruits & snacks
- Regular socials