Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity
At the heart of our customer relationships are our skilled and trustworthy team of account managers. A Chemaxon account manager is a strategic and supportive partner for our valued customers at every stage of the buying process. They're laser-focused on customer satisfaction, building loyalty to ensure long-term client retention. They offer product solutions to pain points, and find opportunities to expand the business. An account manager is responsible for the health of the customer relationships.
As we invest into new products, the opportunity has arisen for a driven, enthusiastic and experienced industry professional to join our great team. Our ideal candidate would be someone who can effortlessly point to pre-existing relationships within the European Pharma/Biotech space, who is comfortable understanding, mapping, and growing accounts - but who is equally comfortable proactively generating and building new relationships.
About your responsibilities
- Generating and closing upsell and cross-sell opportunities within territory and collaborating with members of the business line team to ensure profitable growth.
- Proactively meeting with current and potential customers throughout the assigned territory on a regular basis to ensure superior customer satisfaction as a basis for account growth.
- Establishing long term business relationships with customers to ensure sustainable company growth
- Negotiating price and commercial terms for successful deal closing.
- Promoting value for customer experience
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Identifying areas for improvement to meet individual and team level sales goals.
- Sharing regularly the progress of sales opportunities to your team and stakeholders.
- Communicating client needs to the impacted stakeholders within the company.
- Attending regional and international conferences in the assigned region.
- Maintaining the company’s high standards in business ethics.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us
- 5+ years of successful experience in the life science software industry, coupled with expertise in managing high-value, complex sales cycles.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to map a territory and an account
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator experience
- Excellent networking skills, ability to engage with the scientific community at international conferences, trade shows, individual customer meetings and events
- Existing, usable network within pharma/life science research community
- Networking skills - both traditional and online
- Confident in engaging with customer contacts on multiple levels, up to and including VP level
- Confident and tenacious character
Bonus skills that will help you hit the ground running
- Knowledge of other sales tools is a plus
What we offer
- Remote working opportunity
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out this video: