Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About the team
The professional services group often serves as a bridge between our customers' business problems and our products. We design and build robust, but flexible solutions as well as work together with our clients to help set up their new systems, integrations, and to migrate their data. Our aim is to help our customers bring the most value out of their solutions. In our team we combine in-depth domain expertise with technological prowess.
We are looking for a seasoned technological expert to strengthen our team and to help us build better and more professional solutions.
About your responsibilities
- Designing, building and deploying technological solutions for our customers using modern quality practices (Installation, Integration, migration, custom development, consulting).
- Installing, configuring, testing, training, and deploying solutions.
- Collaborating with Solution Architects, product teams, project managers and customers to execute customer projects to a high standard.
- Continue to learn best engineering practices to stay competitive in our industry.
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges.
- Leading complex technology solutions for customers and contributing to operational improvement.
- Work together with our US crew with their projects in a shifted schedule, occasionally with meetings maximum up to 6 pm.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us
- At least 3 years experience with small, fast moving consulting oriented projects.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across various media (knowledge sharing, presentations, remote and on-site communication).
- Motivation and passion about customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge in database technology (SQL, ETL, AWS RDS).
- Programming experience in Java.
- Experience with enterprise technology (API, messaging, clustering, networking, security).
- Eagerness to learn general knowledge of software and processes used in drug discovery, background in science (e.g. chemistry, biology, biochemistry).
- Experience or at least eagerness to learn new skills in SaaS product presentation, deployment and support.
- Excellent English language skills (both written and spoken).
Bonus skills that will help you hit the ground running
- Experience and skills with cloud and relevant technologies. (AWS is preferred, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, virtualization).
- Experience with NoSQL databases and generally data warehouses/lakes/marts.
- Programming and scripting experience in Python, C#, Node.js, Groovy, R.
What we offer
- Remote or hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos: