Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About the team
We are looking for an experienced UX researcher who is willing to dive into our special domain and help to change the perception of data-heavy B2B tools. We work with scientists on a daily basis which is challenging and super exciting at the same time.
Over the last two years, our UX team has grown fast, now with four UX researchers and seven full-time UX and UI designers working on some truly inspiring complex projects. Our team spends most of its time in cross–functional product teams but we do have a horizontal operation where you can expect topics like research repository (Dovetail), user panel, JTBD, UX playbook, user recruitment (the most challenging part).
You will take part in and drive the whole research process as a fully integrated member of your product team
- Define the scope of research plans: Collaborate with stakeholders to define main research questions, objectives that bring the most value based on business goals.
- Plan research studies: prioritize needs, define methodologies, and estimate possible deadlines for delivering the study results.
- Conduct diverse product research activities such as competitor analysis, interview, usability test, user journey mapping, co-creation workshops, target audience segmentation.
- Analysis & synthesis research results (both qualitative and quantitative) into product insights
- Communicate the research insights in an understandable and transparent way both on team and cross-team level
- Advocate a research-based culture across the company.
About the product
The product you will work on is a molecular design tool for early drug discovery research. It's exciting, complex, and B2B.
It may sound cliche, but there needs to be chemistry between us and our users. This doesn't mean that you must comprehend this science to the level of a scientist, but you should be willing to learn about it. Over time, you will gain an understanding of what SAR analysis is or what on earth a Markush structure might be.
The dynamic team working on this is quite mature from a UX perspective. Research is an integral part of their operation, so you can expect that your work will have a significant impact here.
Experience, skills and knowledge what we expect from you
- The ideal candidate will possess an energetic personality with excellent communication skills, attention to details, and patience.
- Candidate must be able to excel in a dynamic, hands-on and creative environment.
- Collaboration skills working across UX team, product owners and domain specialists.
- Communication skills to distill insights from research.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Experience with a broad range of user research methods
- Knowledge of when to apply which techniques and how to combine them to answer complex questions.
- Ability to translate complex research findings into actionable insights.
- Basic knowledge of agile development processes.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
What we offer
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos: