Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About the team
Step into the forefront of pharmaceutical innovation with Chemaxon's Design Hub, a groundbreaking, user-friendly platform revolutionizing chemical structure design and drug research.
We're on the hunt for a skilled Frontend Developer to join our dynamic team.
Join us in shaping the future of pharmaceutical research, where your work not only stands out but also makes a difference
About your responsibilities
- Having the opportunity to design new features, interactions and choose the best technology and architecture
- Owning and driving improvements to our build and release scripts, tools and processes
- Being involved in the end-to-end process of software development
- Writing clean code covered by tests
- Deploying code to AWS
- Staying up to date with software and industry trends and representing a willingness and capability to quickly learn new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Bringing your ideas to the table and help us create a world class product
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us
- 4+ years software developer experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in design patterns, clean code principles, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with RESTful API design and development
- Collaborative mindset, with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Good command of English
Bonus skills that will help you hit the ground running
- Critical thinking and involvement in new feature designs (from first sketches to the “pixel perfect” design)
- Creating UI with a good eye for improving user experience
- Knowledge of AWS - ECS, RDS, Lambda, or other AWS services
- Knowledge of Terraform/Terragrunt
- Knowledge of Gitlab CI/CD
What we offer
- Remote or hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos: