Employer: Clickatell Canada Incorporated
Position: Vice President: Payments Products
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Address: 545 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1M1
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
- Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy.
- Eligible for health insurance
- Eligible for RRSP contribution and risk benefit company contribution
- Eligible for communication allowance for internet and phone bills
- Eligible for remote work and home office set up with laptop, monitor and all related items
- Eligible for 5 personal days and half days on your birthday
Contact: Please send resumes to email@example.com and include “Vice President: Payments Products” in the email subject line.
- Understand the pulse of the global payments market, including competitive pressures, changing customer expectations and technology challenges.
- Ensure that the strategic go-to-market plans are supported by our product roadmap.
- Distil the company's business objectives, market opportunities and insights into a product and technology strategy, as well as own the product roadmap.
- Own the product life cycle from ideation, to launching new digital solutions, to sunsetting mature offerings.
- Develop value-based product pricing and positioning strategies that instil sales confidence while increasing win rates and profitability.
- Enable the product development teams, ensuring that their vision for product quality, scalability and extensibility are reflected in the roadmap.
- Effectively lead and evangelize across multiple internal and external stakeholders to build consensus and excitement about our innovation and delivery strategies.
- Proactively pursue disruptive ideas that fundamentally challenge the status quo, leading our customers down paths of innovation and reinvention.
- Recruit, manage, and build a world-class product management team.
- Authorize and organize the Payments Products departments and related management positions at the Company.
- Represents Clickatell in corporate functions and with key clients and stakeholders.
- Select Product Managers, Senior Product Managers and Product Directors, creating appropriate work conditions necessary to thrive in their roles.
- Allocate resources to implement organizational policies and programs that support the development of the Payments Products department.
- Responsible for establishing financial and administrative controls and approving human resources planning for the Payments Products departments.
- College diploma or equivalent experience is required
- Significant (at least 7 years) of payments product management & strategy experience
- Experience working in the technology arena, preferably SaaS, with a strong track record of building solutions and growing a technology portfolio
- Proven experience in building consensus at executive levels and driving alignment to strategic initiatives
- Experience performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Proven experience leading remote teams across time zones
- Proven experience in B2B, B2C, and B2B2C omnichannel payments enablement
- Experience working in payments in African markets is preferred
- Experience and good working knowledge of PCI DSS compliance and implementation
- Deep knowledge in merchant KYC and AML rules and regulations
- Excellent understanding and experience in card processing scheme rules and compliance including merchant category codes (MCCs and other configurations
- Excellent understanding of payments regulation and experience working with regulatory bodies and acquirers
- Deep knowledge on Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD)
- Thorough technical knowledge of EMVCo Merchant Channel Data Object Development and other EMVCo QR standard and technical specifications
- Expert knowledge in 3D Secure and other payment risk mitigation technologies
- Expert knowledge and experience in customer identification and authentication methodologies and technologies such as biometrics and two-factor-authentication (2FA)
- In-depth knowledge of international technology standards used in alternative payments and delivery channel technology (WAP, WIG and SS7 A5 encryption algorithms)
- In-depth knowledge of RTP protocols and best practices
- Experience in “network of network” development and lowest cost routing development
- Knowledge in CVV2 and Track 3 data development & algorithmic data enciphering
- In addition you are expected to understand and direct teams on capabilities around SMTP, SMPP, XML, PSD2 Architecture and Low Value Transaction (LVT) cost management
- Other telecommunications technologies leveraged in authentication and fraud management (ex. HLR/VLR & SIP)
- Knowledge of established payments services and technologies including alternative payments, wallets, real-time payments, bill payments, and card present and card not present push and pull payments
- Proven ability to build, lead and manage global teams
- Strong analytical thinking and end-to-end problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, relationship management, and leadership capabilities
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interpret relevant state and federal laws, company guidelines, and regulatory rules to determine how they apply to the company.
- Ability to work with full confidentiality and a high level of personal integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to draft and deliver technical reports, presentations, and correspondence.
- Highly committed, thought leader, innovative and a team player