About the role
This exciting opportunity to join a UK-headquartered Climate FinTech start-up. Your initial focus, in line with the company strategy, will be opening relationships with key Banking and Real Estate management companies - we’re backed by Deloitte, Commerz Bank, AO Proptech, and Proptech One. Later, we’ll expand into the numerous other industries where there are already defined use cases.
Our market-leading climate risk platform, Spectra, automates the assessment of physical risk related to climate change into the future. There is a ready market with increased executive-level directives to focus on reducing the impact of climate change, ensuring financial resilience by effectively incorporating this new area of risk into financial decisions, and regulatory imperatives for disclosure. You’ll be selling an innovative product, the work of our team of world-class climate scientists, that already has adoption by marquis customers in the UK and Europe. You’ll be supported by our broader team in London and by recognised industry leaders in our core markets who are our board advisors and take an active role in helping us succeed.
We seek seasoned sales professionals to join our team and help drive sales of our SaaS product, Spectra, into financial services and real estate clients in the UK and EU markets. You will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy to drive revenue growth, building relationships with key clients, and helping to shape the future direction of our company.
The impact you’ll own
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to drive revenue growth in your assigned territory.
- Proactively engage with clients in the financial services (especially around Risk functions) and real estate sectors acting as the voice of expertise from the initial outreach to onboarding.
- Reactively field inbound interest from prospects in other sectors and hand over to the appropriate team for development.
- Own the end-to-end sales cycle from opening the door to onboarding by our Customer Success team.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to trends, emerging technologies, and competitors.
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients, understanding their needs and tailoring solutions to meet their requirements.
- Represent Climate X at industry events and cultivate senior relationships via our memberships in leading trade associations, including UK Finance, Association of British Insurers, and ULI.
- Work collaboratively with our broader team: founders, the existing sales team and leadership, marketing and events, Director of Science who supports customer-facing engagements, climate scientists, product team, and partners like Deloitte.
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations of Spectra to potential clients, explaining its value proposition and unique features.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with clients, ensuring that all terms are aligned with our company's goals and objectives.
- Prepare responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs) in coordination with our team.
What you bring
- A proven track record in business development, driving sales revenues, and can demonstrate success managing end-to-end, B2B sales cycles, ideally with leading banking clients.
- Outstanding relationship management skills, customer obsession and a consultative approach to sales.
- An understanding of physical risk, stress testing, and other key functions of the Risk function within banking.
- Ability to build relationships across business leadership, technical stakeholders, and users in client organisations.
- Demonstrable ability to explain complex topics catered to different audiences, seniority levels & sectors.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complex data and climate models.
- Passionate about climate change and its impact on the global economy.
What makes you stand out
- Experience in enterprise sales of a complex product with Finance Sector clients
- Experience working in a fast-paced SaaS or technology start-up
- Experience with HubSpot (or equivalent CRM tool)
- Knowledge of climate modelling and analytics
- Fluent in English, additional languages are very helpful